Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight? >

Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight?

Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight?

Old 08-19-2010, 09:22 PM

Another thing you can get at Harbor Freight is canvas drop cloth. With the coupons they are really cheap. I cut up several to use as the base for shopping/market bags. The canvas is a little heavier than that sold through JoAnn's, but it makes great shopping bags.

DH is constantly going to HF for all kinds of things tht are either on sale or to get using their coupons. Now I guess I'll have to go in with him instead of sitting in the car!!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:45 PM

HF & I have been friends for a long time. My Jo-Ann store is located right next to Harbor Fright. DH can hang out there while I shop, and I can pick up quilting supplies in conjunction with my Jo-Ann trip. Check out the clamps. I use the heavy duty ones when making the sandwich. The office clips don't work on the big table I use, but the red clips are great!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:15 PM

HF & I have been friends for a long time. My Jo-Ann store is located right next to Harbor Fright. DH can hang out there while I shop, and I can pick up quilting supplies in conjunction with my Jo-Ann trip. Check out the clamps. I use the heavy duty ones when making the sandwich. The office clips don't work on the big table I use, but the red clips are great!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:22 PM

The coupon is the link I used to find the store here in Ocala, FL. I'm going tomorrow and check them out.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:51 PM

I got blades, and a rubber tile with self stick stuff on the bottom to put on my machine pedal. I am tired of chasing it all over the room on that slick laminate floor
Old 08-20-2010, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
They also have the big round magnetic ashtrays. I have two of them and they are strong. Your pins will not get away.
Hardware stores and such are great places to find all sorts of neat things for quilting at a much more reasonable price. Just a quick word of caution...If you have a computerized sewing machine, please keep the magnetic ashtrays (pin trays) away from your machine...The magnet is too strong and will mess up your machine.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
Little did I know we have a Harbor Freight here in town, and, right across the street from a quilt store! I bought the last pack of blades, didn't see the cutter, but I will check back from time to time. I'm wondering if the quilt store will notice a drop in sales of blades.
Forget the cutter unless you cut carpet. It is not designed for fabric. I would rather spend the money on the blades. I got the cutter and the blades. Threw the cutter in the tool box in the basement where no doubt it will never be used, unless maybe I give up quilting and go into design carpeting --- NAW!!!!!!! Edie
Old 08-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Nzm

Ive made these in several sizes and they are great.. I even transport my laptop and wires etc in individual ones when Im travelling.. fits better in my carryon.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:40 AM

Thanks to all of you. I have lived in this city for 40 years and never knew we had a HF. Called them and they do have the blades. Can you believe it? I would never have thought of it if it hadn't been for this board.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:22 AM

Okay, I got the part about the carpet blades, but I don't know what kind of handles you are talking about and what you use them for can you give me a hint?