Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight?

Blog Entries
    oh thank you! thankyou! found one in Paducah!!! this board it the best is it not?!!! And the lovely members for sharing finds like these. ~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, quilters, I love this board, but it raises almost as many questions as it gives helpful hints. What is a "super grip holder", Suction cup holder, and a snap bag? I don't want to miss out on any quilting tools!

Blog Entries
    The map shows no stores in New Hampshire. In my area, I found one lone store behind other stores No wonder I never saw it, you'd have to be looking for it to find it. I've never seen any ads for this store here. One thing about the magnet bowls. They don't keep the pins straight like the Clover magnetic pin holder. My pins were in one big ball in the bowl.

Glad to know Harbor Freight has the handles. I went there for the blades last week, and the place was packed.......with men! The parking lot was wall to wall pick up trucks, so I figured I would be shopping with a store full of men, but I didn't have a problem with that since I knew I would be getting my blades for 75 cents each!
    :)

Be careful with the magnetic products. They should not be used around the computerized sewing machines. :D

I stopped in the HF somewhat near me this morning and got some blades. Haven't tried them yet, but will soon. There used to be a grocery store next to HF and I was used to seeing just men go in when I was around. Think I'll be spending more time in HF checking things out! Why spend more just to have it labeled 'Quilt'

And just in case you don't know, you can go to their website and sign up for email notices. I get an e-flyer from them a couple times a week.

HF also has great little plastic boxes for organizing your machine feet as well as all sorts of really great "junk" - lol. When we lived in VA there was a big one not too far from where we lived. I always could find stuff there to use!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    OK I usually let DH drop me at Joann's while he goes up the street to HF. Not any more. I will go with him first. I can't wait. I am going thru there next tuesday. I will also be polite and leave a few on the shelves. LOL. At that price, I can use the handles as door prizes at my MABD's. (make a blanket days).

Blog Entries
    you are so funny, now your hubby will want to know why you want to go to Harbor Freight with him, rofl

have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    OK I usually let DH drop me at Joann's while he goes up the street to HF. Not any more. I will go with him first. I can't wait. I am going thru there next tuesday. I will also be polite and leave a few on the shelves. LOL. At that price, I can use the handles as door prizes at my MABD's. (make a blanket days).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brookemarie19
    ok, I just looked online and saw that the replacement blades were the diameter of 1.75 Does anyone know what that would break down in as far as mm, so that I know if I have the right size rotary cutter for them?
    They just carry the 45mm - that fits an Olfa. I have an Olfa and I have the blades (got them Sunday) and they fit. Someone wrote in about a mat from Harbor Freight. Did anyone get one and if so are they strong? How big are they? How much are they? What are they called? Edie

Also in HF, if you meander to the back of the store you will find two nifty parts cleaning tubs. One is metal (and is currently on sale according to their in-store ad) and the other is a plastic tub. Both are motorized to assist in moving fluids around. Usually I have an old treadle sewing machine head sitting in about 10 gallons of kerosene in a plastic container, but I think one of these will work much better for me. My wife looked a bit puzzled about the SM soak but it is necessary to really dissolve/loosen up old caked in oils and who knows what other gummy stuff inside 100-plus year old machines. This (out-of-control hobby as my wife calls it) fascination for restoring antique treadles always seems to lead me to more goodies I can use to help bring these machines back to life. I also believe I saw plastic triangles hanging on a wall there. Could be useful. You might have fabric stashes (as does my wife) but I have old SM stashes everywhere -- LOL!

The suction grips are to hold cutting ruler, right? Is the store just a hardware store chain?

What great information!!!

My hubby is a maintance person and we go to Harber fraight quite often for tools. I found a very nice light colored oak tool chest that I have my eye on and saving up money to buy it for all my quilting tools. It has several flat drawers that are lined with felt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah12687
    My hubby is a maintance person and we go to Harber fraight quite often for tools. I found a very nice light colored oak tool chest that I have my eye on and saving up money to buy it for all my quilting tools. It has several flat drawers that are lined with felt.
    How much? How big? Edie

The tool chest has 8 drawers and it measures 20" long X 10 1/2" wide by 16" high. The price is $79.99 and they do come up on sale now and again.

Nzm
    Blog Entries
    what is the super grip handle? is that the grip for the long ruler?

The replacement blades for my olfa cutter has a hexagon or notched center, the blades at HF appear to be completely round. Does this cause a problem for anyone.

I noticed the center of the HF blades are different too, and wondered the same thing. I am going to try mine first in an older cutter and see if there is a problem with it. The positive posts here about the blades make me think the blades will work fine though.

What are the grips called please? I tried finding them on the website and can't seem to find them HELP!!!

You can also order them here at this site online.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...+cutter+blades

I was having blade problems and when I went to the Ergonomic blade booth at the Sewing Expo (forgot their names) they told me not to buy the blades with the notches for the regular rotary cutters because they wear unevenly so now I make sure I buy bades with a round hole in the middle.
    I will have to go back and look for the handle and see what else I can find. I bought the 10 packs of blades and they work great.
    Cathy

They also have things in the assisted living section like magnifying lights that hook to a table, bath safety grip handle that might work to hold rulers, etc.

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    I've gotten three of those super grips on garage sales for 50 cents or a $1 each. LOVE THEM! I'm planning a trip to HF or a similar cheap tool store the next time I go to town. If they have cheap blades I'm going to get all they have. I also want to see if they have some cheap 3/4 or 1" metal tape measures so that I can take them apart and cut them up for snap bags.
    What is a snap bag?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast