Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight?

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by Norene B
    They also have things in the assisted living section like magnifying lights that hook to a table, bath safety grip handle that might work to hold rulers, etc.
    I use the bath safety handle for the same purpose others use the quilt handle gripper. I got one on sale at Bed, Bath & Beyond, plus a 20% off coupon. Turned out to be much cheaper and works exactly the same. In fact I believe it IS the same thing, just labeled different for quilters. And marked UP for quilters.

good luck in finding them in stock...DH carried me there to day we have to drive 47 miles one way...we had our RV in Raleigh having some work done on it..we went to pick it up and to Harbor Freight...they were out of the blades...but they had the tool they fit in and there were 3 blades with it (as posted before) for a total of $4.30...DH said well that is cheaper than what you have been paying and you can throw the handle away...so I got one...when we got home I went on line to order some more and they are on back order...we will be leaving for FL Sept. 19 and we stay in Charleston SC for a week and Jacksonville FL for a week and they both have the store...so maybe I can find blades there if not I will order when we get to Tampa....

what do you use the suction cup handle for

granny k

Suction cup handles are used on the rulers to hold them in place while you cut. Mine is oraginally a bathtub safety handle but when I saw it used in a picture on this board I have used one for the ruler. It is wonderful. Keeps fingers out of the way of the cutters and keeps the ruler from slipping.

Thanks every much I will have to go and get one. which is the best just one or the double one

Granny K

Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    I've gotten three of those super grips on garage sales for 50 cents or a $1 each. LOVE THEM! I'm planning a trip to HF or a similar cheap tool store the next time I go to town. If they have cheap blades I'm going to get all they have. I also want to see if they have some cheap 3/4 or 1" metal tape measures so that I can take them apart and cut them up for snap bags.
    what are snap bags? btw, really like your quilt by your name!

Our Harbor Freight was all out of the blades so when I got home I looked them up on the internet and wanted to order some. They're backordered until at least Oct. 1st!!!! I did find a 1"x25' tape measure for snap purses though. Only $2.99.

i called my local store. there wasn't any in stock :(

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia Peach
    Don't forget about the 20% coupon and coupon for a free small LED flashlight for Harbor Freight in your Sunday coupon flyer sections too.
    You can use the coupon on sale items too, so if you have a bigger ticket item you want to buy, wait for a sale and use the coupon. There's always a coupon in Popular Science, but I've been seeing the coupons more and more these days in other places.

On the other hand, all the stuff is cheap because they come from China(hence the harbor freight!), so tool quality can vary. Both my husband and I have bought stuff from there, and sometimes we love them, sometimes we hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    Quote Originally Posted by pieces
    Be careful with the magnetic products. They should not be used around the computerized sewing machines. :D
    All but the very old computerized machines have a magnetic shield. There is no worry with a magnet pin cushion being around the machine.
    My tech told me to not allow magnetic stuff around my machine, because all magnets have different strengths and the 'shields' can't hold back the stronger magnets. Because he is certified in Janome, Elna, and Berninas, I choose to follow his advice. Everyone needs to use their own judgement.
    Sorry to hijack.

Little did I know we have a Harbor Freight here in town, and, right across the street from a quilt store! I bought the last pack of blades, didn't see the cutter, but I will check back from time to time. I'm wondering if the quilt store will notice a drop in sales of blades.

community benefactor granny_kee's Avatar
    what a neat site, I also found other things I could not live without-hee,hee. Do love this site !!!!

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    Our Harbor Freight was all out of the blades so when I got home I looked them up on the internet and wanted to order some. They're backordered until at least Oct. 1st!!!! I did find a 1"x25' tape measure for snap purses though. Only $2.99.
    What are snap purses? Is snap bags the samething because I saw that post early today?

Love Harbor Freight - got some blades thanks to this board :-) Got a couple of other little things.....and they have the best little divided plastic boxes - like for sewing machine feet!! Lot's less than the fabric stores or Hobby Lobby. Just wandered around and had fun!

Guess I'm on my way there tomorrow. Have to go to the KMart by where the store is here in our little town.... Woohee, cheap blades and other goodies. I've always loved hardware stores, but stopped shopping at them when the big stores came into being. Thanks for the tips.

Holy poop! There's one within walking distance from my house! Now to go buy me some cheap rotary blades!

I went they were out. Sold5 paks to one customerSo I guess you need to wait and when they find out how much in demans they are the price might go up

Sorry about all the mistakes. Hand is wrapped up as I had carpal tunnel fixed on rt hands. Lt will be done Sept 9

Quote Originally Posted by brookemarie19
    ok, I just looked online and saw that the replacement blades were the diameter of 1.75 Does anyone know what that would break down in as far as mm, so that I know if I have the right size rotary cutter for them?
    1.75 is equal to 4.445 centimeters or 45 millimeters.

One inch is 2.54 centimeters . One millimeter is one tenth of a centimeter

What is a snap bag?? do you have instructions for them? Could you share? Please...

I was told 45mm

If you type harborhousetools, Keene, NH in your search bar, it will tell you if one is around.

Peg--TX
    Innova 18"

I will try this....They are really expensive in a quilt shop.

If you type www.harborfreighttools, Keene, NH in your search bar, it will tell you if one is around.

Peg--TX
    Innova 18"

Thanks , I will try that.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast