Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight? >

Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight?

Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight?

Old 08-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Bev

I just got back from HF and am so pleased with my purchases!
Here's what I got ...
A magnetic parts tray, which will be my pin,etc holder. There were two sizes, I got the smaller one. It's just right.
A telescoping magnetic pick up tool.Extends to 27 and a half inches.
A micro magnifier with LEDs that give off great light.
And I found a coupon on-line for a 16' by 34" metal measuring tape. It's a beauty and I only paid $1.49 for it.
I saw lots of other goodies I left for another day. There was a solid oak work table at cutting table height. It had felt lined drawers and a large shelf underneath it. There was a clamp on one side. I don't know what I'd do with it (the clamp) but I'm sure I could think of something. (on sale for 159.95)
And, oh yeah, I got the carpet cutter refills too. They had a ton of them.
This is a great place and it's open 7 days a week. Most nights until 8pm. I think I've died and gone to heaven! It's only ten minutes from home!
Old 08-21-2010, 02:43 PM

I went to HF today too, the store in Southern Plaza in Indianapolis, IN. It is just 26 miles from my home!!! I got some of the carpet cutter refills, only 5 packages as I thought it would be enough for a while, and I told a friend I'd get her one too. They had a bunch of them!!!
I also got a couple of suction cup handles. I got a Mini Suction Cup item no. 46900 for $2.99 that I thought would be good for smaller rulers, and a Gordon Aluminum Handle Single Suction Cup item no. 92825 for $5.99. The Al. one is heavier and I thought just the weight would be enough to help hold the ruler down. I had looked at the big white ones that had the 2 suction cups and thought it might be too bulky to use. I have small hands. I haven't actually tried any of the things I got, except to hook the small suction cup one to a small template. I think it might be a nice way to hold some of the smaller ones in place when cutting.
Thanks for letting us know about all of the good stuff they have there.
I also have telescoping magnets that I got at Auto Zone, for about $3.00 each. I am careful to keep them away from my machine, just in case, but keep one in each of my little bags of sewing supplies; hand piecing bag, hand quilting bag, hand sewing and mending bag, etc.
My little bags are a see through mesh that I bought a few years ago. Knowing what I do now, if I need another one, I'll make my own with the window screen that is not metal and put a zipper between 2 pieces while it is flat, and then turn inside out and sew a hem around the other 3 sides. I like bags that I can see into without having to open them up.
Janis
Old 08-21-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by penny doty
Thank you all, I need blades really bad, but I can't afford the shipping. Sometimes things just suck. God bless.
Penny, you don't have to pay shipping because we have one locally. There's a Harbor Freight in Beaverton right near the Sunset Hwy/217 interchange. It's only 10 min. from me. Are you planning to be at the get-together at Alice's house next month? I can pick up some blades and bring them for you.

Jen
Old 08-21-2010, 03:29 PM

What a nice friend.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:25 PM

In my message above, I copied the numbers on the boxes, but later saw that there were stickers on the back that might have HF's item numbers on them. They are 462009 for the little suction cup, and 282010 for the larger one, in case anyone was wanting to look them up on their web site to see what they look like. Just trying to be helpful. :) Janis
Old 08-22-2010, 04:11 AM

Just saw your post.I get HF ads....usually in with Sunday paper coupons. There's a 20% off coupon for any one thing in the store. Haven't read it, but could be a good deal for you.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:29 AM

What are super grip handles? Where did you fing them in the store and is that what they're called?
Old 08-22-2010, 04:04 PM

We went today but I only got 3 packs of rotary blades and a long handled magnetic thing. DH was looking at a lot of stuff so maybe he'll want to go back someday. I was going to get a handle but then I remembered I have one that I really don't use much.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:14 PM

The Columbus,OH store didn't have much that interested me. Out of handles,out of blades.I passed on the magnetic pin holder.My machine is computerized & not worth taking a chance.Really didn't care about the blades.Have used 60mm size since they 1st came out & am used to them.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:27 PM

I went to the HF in Southern Plaza yesterday. Bought 10 packages of blades...left 6-8 for someone else. The HF in Castleton did not have any blades.