Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Guess what I finally have done?

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda
    Berta, which Janome do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Berta48
    I am so excited! I have been practicng FMQ.I just couldn't seem to get my foot pedal and hands to work together right.Then I got to thinking! (gave me a headache too) :lol:
    My Janome runs without a foot pedal if I remove it.SOOOOO I removed it and tried to stipple and it turned out GRRREAT!!!
    I am so happy. Who would have thought it would help so much but it sure did work for me!!I also did some swirls.

I have the Janome 9000 it is an embroidery machine also.But I have a Janome embroidery machine250 that I use also. As it is easier than the 9000 to embroidery on.
    Think I will try to come up with some designs of my own too, since there are no quilt police. :thumbup:

I want a start button (sniff sniff) :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by mzsooz
    I want a start button (sniff sniff) :cry:
    AWWWW :-( (HUGS)
    Maybe Santa will bring you different machine :thumbup:

I set my speed control slider where it works with the speed I move my hands. Then I can just floor the pedal and it will only go that speed. Same as using the start stop button. I love to FMQ too. And yes I am using a Janome but it works on other machines that have a speed control w/o the start stop button.

I'm glad you were able to step back, take a deep breath and solve your FMQ issue. I'll be looking for postings of your own stitch creations soon.

Happy Quilting...Andie :-) :-) :-)

I love, love, love my start/stop button. I'm left handed and for some reason can't get either foot to control the foot pedal evenly. It is the one thing I love so good on my machine.

I HAVE 2 BROTHER MACHINES AND BOTH HAVE THE OPTION OF NOT USING THE PEDAL. LOVE THEM. RECENTLY STARTED DOING FMQ ON PRINTED PANELS. THEY HAVE TURNED OUT GREAT AND A WONDERFUL WAY TO PRACTICE.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........I can't FMQ without the footpedal on my Futura machine. It has a stop/start button for embroidery but when I tried it in the sewing mode without the footpedal it does not work. Well dern..... What is the cheapest Jenome that has the speed control and stop start button?

Quote Originally Posted by Corry
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........I can't FMQ without the footpedal on my Futura machine. It has a stop/start button for embroidery but when I tried it in the sewing mode without the footpedal it does not work. Well dern..... What is the cheapest Jenome that has the speed control and stop start button?
    I have no idea what to tell you on that because mine embroiderys also.It was around 2000.00 But I bought it on sale a under that price.I am sure there many different sewing machines out there that have a start stop buttons.I would just do an online search. Or check out Walmart.They have Brothers & SIngers but I don't know if they have a start stop button.

Hope you find what you need :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    don't know about Jenome - but Brother you can get for less than $200

I bought a Brother XR 9000 last winter. I bought it factory reconditioned with a warranty for right under $200. I bought it on line. So far, it has worked great. It has the stop/start button or you can use the foot pedal, it has lots of decorative stitches and has fonts. But, the font is fixed at a certain size...that's the only thing that I don't like about it, but I don't use it for the fonts. And it came with a small quilting table. I had my husband build me a large table to go around that one. I saw where someone on this board had made one and we sort of copied it. I bought it, because of the drop feed dogs feature to learn how to FMQ. There is also speed control.

Did you unplug your foot pedal from the machine? That's the only way mine will work with the button. Foot pedal disconnected from the machine. Hope that helps.

Suzy

Blog Entries
    Wondering if there is a dictionary for all the acronyms used. Like, what is FMQ?

PJO

Quote Originally Posted by kaygerou
    Wondering if there is a dictionary for all the acronyms used. Like, what is FMQ?
    Free motion quilting

Quote Originally Posted by misseva
    my brother has a 'start/stop' button just above the pressser foot. you have to unplug the foot pedal to make it work.
    That's where mine is on my Brother too. I used it all the time when I first got the machine and loved it, but haven't used it much since I started quilting and definitely not for FMQ because I need to be able to stop without removing my hands. :-D

Blog Entries
    Thanks! Pretty new at this. I have so much to learn!

I have never attached my foot pedal to my machine (Janome 6600) and have always used the start/stop button. My new car has a start/stop button too...no key.

Love both of them

I vagley remember my dealer showing me this when i purchased my machine but never knew what it was for.
    Guess I need to play with machine some more.
    There is still so much to learn.
    Thanks for the info ladies!
    Gale

Just checked my Brother QC1000 and the foot feed has to be disconnected before you can use the start/stop button. The same on my Janome. Have tried it yet as I am try ing get 48 blocks done for 2 baby quilts. I am working on the 16th one now. Babies are due January 2nd, but will probably arrive before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinabodina
    Congrats! I have been thinking of a Bernina 440 QE. Does anyone know anything about them? Are they has good as what I have heard?
    I have a Bernina 430 and love it - it has the feature of sewing without a foot pedal, but I've not tried to do the quilting with it either way.

I found a Jenome the MO200 Quilters companion, the Marie Osmond model she endorsed for Janome. I can buy it for cost which is a great deal and it sounds like a good machine looking at the features I foundon the Janome website. Does anyone here have that machine and do you like it? It has speed control and will sew without the pedal using stop/start button. I think I will buy this but really wondered if any of you might have it and can get an opinion. I can't wait to get it.

Try it out if you can before you buy if possible. I don't have that model, but from what I have been hearing, all models seem to be good. I have the American Quilters Club model and a I really like it.

I found a Jenome the MO200 Quilters companion, the Marie Osmond model she endorsed for Janome. I can buy it for cost which is a great deal and it sounds like a good machine looking at the features I foundon the Janome website. Does anyone here have that machine and do you like it? It has speed control and will sew without the pedal using stop/start button. I think I will buy this but really wondered if any of you might have it and can get an opinion. I can't wait to get it.
    I haven't heard of it but I love my Janomes.I just wish it had more decorative design stitches! I am looking for another kind that just sews so I can get some more decorative stitches. But I sure don't want to spend a lot of money cause I am asking for the Accuquilt Go or Go Baby for Christmas! :thumbup:

How much does this one cost ?( if you don't mind sharing)

Will have to try the start/stop button on my Brother 6000. Don't use this machine much, but will try it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kaygerou
    This thread has a couple of links for acronyms. We all have to start learning somewhere so don't be afraid to ask questions. :thumbup:

Berta, I also have a MC 9000 that I absolutely love - however - I do not like it for FMQ. I kept getting loops on the back, also known as "whiskers". When I was at the VT Quilt Festival last year, I got to use a Bernina in class and must say that Bernina's do an excellent job on FMQ. I picked up a used Bernina after that. I will never give up my 9000; that machine does pretty much everything I need, but I use the Bernina for FMQ. Even a low end model Bernina, like the 150 series does a great job with FMQ.

Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings
    I have a bernina 153 QE. I was looking for a start/stop button and guess what I found?? My Bernina has a 1/2 speed button! I kept reading about how handy this would be but never thought to look at my machine because I thought it would only be on newer models! In my defense I have only had my Bernina for 7 months! I guess I should get out the owner's manual and read it before I do any more FMQ! DUH!
    I have been taking classes on my used Bernina and the instructor says to put the motor speed at half and sew "pedal to the metal" for FMQ. Works excellent that way.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast