Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guild meeting hospitality >

Guild meeting hospitality

Guild meeting hospitality

Old 03-25-2012, 06:02 AM

Our Guild only brings goodies if we have special guests. Otherwise, Coffee and Tea only!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:44 AM

My guild (about 55-60 members at most meetings) publishes a list at the beginning of each year of "hostesses" designated for each month. There might be some trading or substitutions during the year, but the list is pretty much stable. The month you are a hostess, you coordinate with the rest of the group on food items and quantity. It's a breakfast buffet but there are always desserts too!

And each hostess brings a goodie bag (up to $10 value) for the door prize drawings. Members who join during the year don't have to be on a hostess team until the next calendar year. Officers and charter members are exempt. I was on the March hostess team and it was fun....except for getting there early.

There's lots of friendly competition over baked goods, etc. And some darn good food each time.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:44 AM

Why do you need snacks?
Old 03-26-2012, 04:18 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

We don't do snacks at our meeting, but then it's 7 pm, so we've all just come from dinner at home.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lizzytish View Post
The guild I belong to has a monthly sign up and everyone signs up for at least one month.
I belong to two guilds and we sign up for a month at both....works out good....one is a luncheon and one is just snacks at night. in Sept we have our "birthday" party and its either an odd (1-3-5) or even (2-4-6) who supply the dishes...
Old 03-26-2012, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Why do you need snacks?

Exactly........why.........wish the guild I belong to would do away with the with snack thing....who needs the calories or to waste time at the meeting. There is a resturant dinner before the meeting for anyone who wants to attend and we are all grown-ups who do not need to snack continualy......would save time on cleanup also.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:52 AM

MY guild does not have snacks at all at our meetings. We meet once a month for an hour and then on our full day work day no snacks are expected. On occasion some one brings something in but we bring it out at lunch time. Snacks are a gracious addition to an evening or meeting, but it no one wants to bring them, I would let it go. Either their eyes will be opened and they will pitch in or maybe no one really wants them (or needs them).
Old 03-26-2012, 04:53 AM

I like no snacks.
I think people don't need to be eating every time they think about it.
The group I belong to has snacks, I come from work and can never bring something. Sometimes I plan to come and then can't, etc. When I do show up, and did not bring anything, I don't eat either. Seems fair, though I don't mind if others don't bring and eat. I am not particularly over-weight, I just figure a little discipline is good for me. Plus I'm a vegetarian and know I love sweets too much. I need to just walk away sometimes...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 AM

Our AM group does not have snacks and our Pm group has a sign up sheet
Old 03-26-2012, 05:30 AM

our guild meets 2 times a month starting at 10 am. we have a sign up sheet at the beginning of our guild year and everyone is expected to sign up at least once. We have 4 people do it together. everyone arrives between 9:15 and 9:30 for visiting and snacks. many members go to lunch also in groups and shopping. We have a night group also we do not bring snacks at this group. We have a hospitality chairpeson that reminds us when it is our turn and our reponsibility to get a replacement if needed or switch with someone.
hope this helps