Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hancocks of Paducah - Update >

Hancocks of Paducah - Update

Hancocks of Paducah - Update

Old 03-31-2010, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

This close to the quilt show, they are overwhelmed but you'd think they would have the quilt show explosion down by now. I overheard one of the managers talking last year that they couldn't find any any temp workers to work the month of the show and the temps they did have didn't know anything about fabric or notions and wasted time asking what to do and having to have someone check their work. Most of the workers were older ladies and not that speedy. The workers that did know what was going on were so busy they were exhausted from day to day.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:19 AM

I guess my problem is that on Monday I was told my order was ready to cut, on Tuesday I was told that it shipped, and today I was told that they hadn't even started it.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

I bet you got a temp that answered your call. :lol: :-P :lol:
Old 03-31-2010, 09:32 AM

I read an article recently that said fast food has made us an impatient society. I can remember when the norm for "mail order" was 4 to 6 weeks and I'm not that old.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:37 AM

My problem with them wasn't delivery time, but a shockingly poor customer service experience. With so many other choices available for fabric shopping online, having to deal with this kind of junk from any retailer is a thing of the past. They simply won't get any of my money in the future.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:45 AM

I've never had anything but a good experience with them.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie
My problem with them wasn't delivery time, but a shockingly poor customer service experience. With so many other choices available for fabric shopping online, having to deal with this kind of junk from any retailer is a thing of the past. They simply won't get any of my money in the future.
yep.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
This close to the quilt show, they are overwhelmed but you'd think they would have the quilt show explosion down by now. I overheard one of the managers talking last year that they couldn't find any any temp workers to work the month of the show and the temps they did have didn't know anything about fabric or notions and wasted time asking what to do and having to have someone check their work. Most of the workers were older ladies and not that speedy. The workers that did know what was going on were so busy they were exhausted from day to day.
The year I went, they had teen age boys cutting fabric in the back room. I thought that was funny. I ordered a catalog from them over a month ago...still not here. Bummer for them; I've since ordered from Fabric.com & Fabricdepot.com
Old 03-31-2010, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

I don't order from them but I do buy in the store during the Paducah quilt show. I take fabric samples of fabric I would like to have more of and I usually find it in the back room sale tables. I have found some good sales on Moda jelly rolls and batik fabric scrap bags. I think their patterns/notions are a little pricey. Just being there during the quilt show week is something to experience.
The first year I went the back room fabric was $2 a yard. Last year I think it was $5 a yard. That's too much for it to be considered bargain table fabric.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I don't order from them but I do buy in the store during the Paducah quilt show. I take fabric samples of fabric I would like to have more of and I usually find it in the back room sale tables. I have found some good sales on Moda jelly rolls and batik fabric scrap bags. I think their patterns/notions are a little pricey. Just being there during the quilt show week is something to experience.
The first year I went the back room fabric was $2 a yard. Last year I think it was $5 a yard. That's too much for it to be considered bargain table fabric.
And I bet their "bargain" fabric will be $6 a yard this year!! Our group usually goes there when we're in Paducah but I usually spend any money I have left at the Hobby Lobby down the road....they have some wonderful deals going during quilt week :D