Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hand Quilters - When do you quilt? >

Hand Quilters - When do you quilt?

Hand Quilters - When do you quilt?

Old 12-04-2010, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Quilting in the daytime makes me feel guilty, like I should be doing some "housework" thing.
Many years ago when I was a SAHM and did hand quilting I set a rule that I couldn't quilt till I got the housework done. I found it actually helped me to get everything done faster cause I really wanted to get to my quilting.
I am a stay at home mom too, so when the chores are finished and homeschooling lessons are done, I'm free to hand quilt as much as I want. I usually end up quilting at night though :)
Old 12-04-2010, 05:29 AM

Whenever the spirit moves me..... BUT I prefer the evening hours when all the rest of the world is sleeping & I have hubby settled in after his snack time and he is tucked in. I love the peace & quite when I am working on any project... but more so when quilting. I really like quilting on snowy days..... right now "our first snow is flying"........so after I shovel the walks, the wheelchair ramp & the driveway and finish up the morning chores I may be able to rest a bit with the needle & fab. It settles my nerves!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:04 AM

I sew or hand quilt any time I feel like it. I have no guilt as I am retired from factory work. I came home hot and tired and was too tired to do anything but now I do whatever I want when I want.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:15 AM

if i've got a project with hand quilting i do it whenever i want! no guilt quilting. but...i love hand quilting in the evenings after work. its relaxing and satisfying.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:25 AM

I usually pick up some type of piecing or quilting project every time I sit down. When I get tired of that, I'll mark and cut awhile. Somethings always on the burner here!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:07 AM

I do like to get my housework done and then go to the sewing room, but of course that doesn't always happen :D But I sew during the day. I do all my cutting, piecing and quilting during the day. Some how crocheting seems to fit in the evening while watching a movie to me. I think it is because I feel like I have to pay more attention to the quilting and crocheting I feel like I can just move along while watching the movie.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:38 AM

No guilt here. I am excerising my mind when I quilt because you have to line up everything just right. I quilt whenever I want as, like others, I am retired.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:53 AM

Mostly when I handquilted, I only had time to do it in the evenings, but I did love it when I could do it in the early morning, and enjoy my coffee, and listen to the birds singing...it was so relaxing that way.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:25 AM

I do 99% hand quilting and do it when ever I have a free moment. I always have a project at hand & I also feel guilty but when I think about it I put in my time and now I am retired and if I want to sit and hand quilt then I do and sometimes the guilt goes away and some times it doesn't.

Judy in Michigan
Old 12-04-2010, 08:53 AM

i"mhand quilter also but i"m retired so i quilt when i want to also i cut out my blocks when i watch tv at night and peice them together that also.