Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hanging Quilts for Pictures >

Hanging Quilts for Pictures

Hanging Quilts for Pictures

Old 06-08-2014, 05:43 PM

I make my quilts to be used and not for show. I do not like hearing they have put it in a closet so it doesn't get damaged. My thought is love it, use it, wear it out, and I will have a reason to make another one.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Power Poster

I love all the creative ways people display and photograph their quilts....especially buildings, gardens and even the back of trucks. It adds an "art" element, which is all part of the quilt/s and the processes that go into making them.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:45 PM

I make my quilts to be used and loved. Not long ago I stopped over to see my DGD and the Greats. My eight year old DGGS was laying on the couch with his twin sized quilt that I made him, draped over him and half on the floor with his dog laying on that part. He looked up at me and said "I really love my quilt that you made me Gramma." Now that is a well used and loved quilt. Just what I had in mind when I gifted it to him!! Wish they were all enjoyed that much!!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by OldHairTwister View Post
I make my quilts to be used and loved. Not long ago I stopped over to see my DGD and the Greats. My eight year old DGGS was laying on the couch with his twin sized quilt that I made him, draped over him and half on the floor with his dog laying on that part. He looked up at me and said "I really love my quilt that you made me Gramma." Now that is a well used and loved quilt. Just what I had in mind when I gifted it to him!! Wish they were all enjoyed that much!!
Perfect! I don't make "art quilts" I make something with what I hope is appealing colors and design that someone I love can wrap up in or cover thier bed with to keep warm and hopefully they think of me occasionally and know how much they matter to me.

And like TKEE said I never want a quilt I'm afraid to touch.

I also enjoy the more creative displays, I tend to wait till mr. Bill and one of my girls are home so they can hold it up for me or take a picture while it's on my king size bed. It's functional but not always an appealing display of the work.