Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Harbor Freight blades >

Harbor Freight blades

Harbor Freight blades

Old 09-01-2010, 07:21 PM

You guys are killing me here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you believe this run on blades and how much time, energy, money has been spent? I can only imagine.

Poor HF clerks and god help any carpet cutters who actually use these.

I have the best time reading about our little jaunts to get them or order them.

As far as how many blades one buys? I live in the country, no HF for over 250 miles, JA's is 65 miles, WM is too expensive (all the stores are), I am unemployed and a fulltime student and we are atttempting to live on my DH's retirement. Anytime I can get a good bargain be it TP, PT, Klennex, beef, veggies, sheets, dish towels, birdseed, chicken feed, goat feed, etc, I go for it if I can afford it. I could not afford to not order 20 pkgs. Hoarding? Not me. Stocking up? You bet?
Old 09-01-2010, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
You guys are killing me here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you believe this run on blades and how much time, energy, money has been spent? I can only imagine.

Poor HF clerks and god help any carpet cutters who actually use these.

I have the best time reading about our little jaunts to get them or order them.

As far as how many blades one buys? I live in the country, no HF for over 250 miles, JA's is 65 miles, WM is too expensive (all the stores are), I am unemployed and a fulltime student and we are atttempting to live on my DH's retirement. Anytime I can get a good bargain be it TP, PT, Klennex, beef, veggies, sheets, dish towels, birdseed, chicken feed, goat feed, etc, I go for it if I can afford it. I could not afford to not order 20 pkgs. Hoarding? Not me. Stocking up? You bet?
Well if we're killing ya, can I have your 20 pkg of blades? LOLOL!!!!!!! ;-) ;) :wink:
Old 09-02-2010, 02:14 AM

Lol you girls are so funny. I went back to HF and got 2 pkgs,but they were no longer 98cents. Now $1.99.
So I have enough to keep me cutting blocks,etc.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:17 AM

Hardware store chronicles.....I have always said that in this county if a woman wants a peaceful place to meditate with out be bothered by salespersons all she has to do is go to the local(locally owned) hardware store. Once I made the mistake of trying to get an answer to a question about a heater and was asked if I was looking for my husband. Uh no, I don't own one but I need a new space heater....oh I am a smart ass ( which is better than being a dumb ass I guess) The last time I was in there they had hired a female type clerk...you could tell the men were confused as when she asked one a perfectly sensible question about a tool the man turned it into a remark about the size of his reproductive organ....she and I shared a moment of raised eyebrow contempt...seems he thought the "hardware" sign out side referred to his own personal handy dandy tool, not the one sitting on the shelves... Contrast that to my foray into a chain hardware store, I was looking for a new ballcock assembly for my toilet...ripe with opportunity for double meanings...I was taken to the plumbing aisle and efficiently helped to find one that would work for me with competent instructions on how to install it and no...well you get it. It seems that the men who worked there were used to seeing women in the aisles and so were conditioned to responding appropriately. Sigh... would that we had a hardware store like that here, unfortunately the nearest one is over a hundred miles away over the mountain.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 AM

OMGosh, DeEtta, I LOVE your avatar quilt, may I ask where you got the pattern?

Originally Posted by DeEtta
Can these blades be used in your regular cutter or do you have to also get the carpet cutter from Freight Habor to use them in? We have a Freight Habor about 30 miles from here but I haven't been able to make it there yet.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by squilter
OMGosh, DeEtta, I LOVE your avatar quilt, may I ask where you got the pattern?

Originally Posted by DeEtta
Can these blades be used in your regular cutter or do you have to also get the carpet cutter from Freight Habor to use them in? We have a Freight Habor about 30 miles from here but I haven't been able to make it there yet.
I just pulled out that pattern from my box of "quilts to do"
I got it from a magazine. That's a coincidence that you drew my attention to it today. In case DeEtta doesn't answer ... it's from Quiltmaker #129 Sept/Oct 2009. I love it too. It's labeled Intermediate.

8-)
Old 09-02-2010, 09:17 AM

A study was done in one big box DIY store a bit more than a decade ago (the orange one, I do believe) and it was found that about 51 percent of the people who shopped there were women. I bet you can guess why -- loads of fodder for updating, painting, building, carpet and flooring, etc. -- all stuff to add to their own to do list, or to someone else's (which my wife loves doing to me...lol)

I am truly surprised you didn't find the store manager and report that incident as it is certainly something they would act on right away. Coming from a customer carries a powerful message.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:28 PM

guess where i went over the weekend....hf in dillion s.c....i bought all they had...18 packs...and they were $1.99.
was in n.c. visiting family and asked honey to go to s.c. promised i would be quick just run in and out well.....$171 later we left...i only spent $36 and he didn't want to stop !!!lol next time i will leave him home. !!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:50 PM

Way to Go!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
I just hope our run on these babies don't make them decided they are their next gold mine and raise the price! :D
Price has already gone up -- $1.99 instead of $1,.49