Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Harbor Freight blades >

Harbor Freight blades

Harbor Freight blades

Old 09-03-2010, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Y'all watch the price is gonna go up on these blades because they are in such high demand right now.
Went by tonight and they were out, but price marked was $1.99. Up .50.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by dotski
guess where i went over the weekend....hf in dillion s.c....i bought all they had...18 packs...and they were $1.99.
was in n.c. visiting family and asked honey to go to s.c. promised i would be quick just run in and out well.....$171 later we left...i only spent $36 and he didn't want to stop !!!lol next time i will leave him home. !!!!
Can you blame him?? It's in the DNA. Even if he never uses them. Not unlike women in quilt or thrift stores. We think "I can do something with that I just know it" and it sits in our "stash" just like the garage except what we buy is consumable and thus continues to give us an excuse to buy/replace it.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:39 PM

Okay gang, I went to the 2nd HF in my area and the blades were all gone!!! I guess I will need to make a pit stop every once in awhile to check when they are back in stock. Yes, they went up 50 cents a pack too!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 04:54 AM

I am sure they will continue to go up in price for awhile. I have been check 3 different states for awhile now.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:58 AM

My DD went to HF in her town and found me a cutter and blades - WOOOHOOOO!!! I will not mention the town in case it is one that any of you live in - LOL Very nice daughter!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:01 AM

The Ladies at MY Harbor Freight told me the day they receive shipment and also the best time to come in - while they are stocking. Perhaps you can ask at your HF for information.

When the get to $1.50 per blade, they will be too high to purchase because that is the price jHittle charges.

He is now offering 100 blades for about $139. I suggest that if you want them at this price, and not have to pay postage, that some of you pool your orders, one person order the 100 blades, that come packaged (sealed) in sets of 10. I still have 4 sets from the last time I ordered but I did not buy 100 blades, I bought some other items and paid $1.49 per blade at that time.

I would be willing to order and then split the order and send them you if you PM me to let me know your interest. That is - if and when Harbor Freight blades either are no longer available or go above Hittle's price.

Something to think about.

June
Old 09-07-2010, 04:16 AM

I bought the blades from my local Harbor Freight and I hate them. I bought the carpet cutter first and someone had stolen the extra blades out of the package.

I went back a couple of days later as they were expecting a shipment of the blades and picked up 3 packages (they only received 3) and exchanged the carpet cutter.

I used the blade in the carpet cutter first. There was only 1 extra blade, so thought someone had stolen the other. It skipped like crazy. I had to go over the edge 4 - 5 times in order for it to cut 2 pieces of material.

I exchanged the blade, thinking maybe someone had also put an old blade in the package when they stole the original.
I used a brand new package and it did the same thing. I don't know if I am having a run of bad luck or what, but I'll keep to the other blades for now.

Although these are a lot cheaper, I don't want to waste any more fabric!

Hope everyone else has better luck than I did!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by no1jan
I bought the blades from my local Harbor Freight and I hate them. I bought the carpet cutter first and someone had stolen the extra blades out of the package.

I went back a couple of days later as they were expecting a shipment of the blades and picked up 3 packages (they only received 3) and exchanged the carpet cutter.

I used the blade in the carpet cutter first. There was only 1 extra blade, so thought someone had stolen the other. It skipped like crazy. I had to go over the edge 4 - 5 times in order for it to cut 2 pieces of material.

I exchanged the blade, thinking maybe someone had also put an old blade in the package when they stole the original.
I used a brand new package and it did the same thing. I don't know if I am having a run of bad luck or what, but I'll keep to the other blades for now.

I just purchased the blades and cutters yesterday at our local HF. I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I am hoping I didn't waste the money as I purchased some for my sister and myself. Our local store doesn't expect to get many on their next shipment either and they never know what will be sent. Until recently these were not high volume items in our store.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:05 AM

I got theses blades and they work good. Will see how long they last. Also in some flyers such as "Mr Thrifty " thru the mail there may be a HF ad with 20% off coupon.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by no1jan

After just replying to your message here I decided I should right away test my blades. So I put one in my cutter and did some test on some scraps. I was able to cut 18" strips that were 6 layers thick without a problem. Nice and sooth. So smooth that I wasn't watching and cut right through a longer fingernail. I hope that you can find blades that work better for you. I have to wonder if it was just a bad bunch. I also have to wonder with HF sometimes it things like this might be seconds of some kind. For now the blades I have are working great. Good luck!