Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Harbor Freight Rotary Blades

Blog Entries
    I bought mine and put them where I knew where they would be and now I can't find them to try LOL

Senior Member Candy Apple Quilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
    I was given a pair in a p.i.f. squishy and I am in love with them. I will buy the replacements from now on. on.
    Ummm..... what's a p.i.f. squishy? :-)

Do you order these on line? you. Exactly what do I look for. I'd like to try these.

I ordered a dozen packages on line. The first blade of the first package had a nick in it. The second blade was absolutely great and I got a lot of use out of it.

Do you suppose the Harbor Freight blades work better with certain rotary cutters than others ? I have an Olfa cutter and have only used the Harbor Freight blade for a few cuts, but it worked fine. I will have to give it longer use before I really know if it cuts well.

farscapegal
    I have had no problem with them. They are very sharp.

Sybil

i'VE BEEN TO THEIR WEBSITE AND CAN'T FIND THE BLADES. CAN SOMEONE SEND ME A LINK TO THE BLADES? I'D LOVE TO GIVE THEM A TRY
    mIKKI

same for me. My old blades that I use to cut paper cut fabric better than the new ones from Harbour Freight
    Annette

Lyn
    I have really liked them. They are sharp enough for me and cost $2.00 vs $10 at my LQS. http://www.harborfreight.com/gsearch?q=carpet+cutters. The blades that come from Olfa and other manufacturers are oily too and if you wash them it could dull them and cause rust. If it bothers you just wipe them down. Even stainless steel rusts. I use the blade as is and have had no problems. The oil is to lessen friction in the cutter. They have to be super sharp to cut carpet. I haven't had a problem yet and even if you get a bad one it is still cheaper to try another.

Can you tell me how to find them on the HF website? When I put in "blade" as a search, it comes up with everything but 45mm blades. I would like to order some. Thanks!

Do you have to pay $6.99 shipping for these?

Blog Entries
    no problems here

I bought blades at JoAnn's when they were on a BOGO sale. Cost the same as Harbor Freight.

ok, I have had some blades that don't cut as well as others.
    My question..the blade sharpeners do they work? .. since I am starting to quilt I will be using mine more often.
    thanks Char

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SherryF
    Make sure you have put only one blade in your cutter, I have had students have problems with their cutter and found out that they had not slid the two blades apart and had two in the rotary cutter. Just a thought. Sherry
    I did that just last night. I thought I had real problems but I looked and found I had put in both blades. Works so much better with one blade. This is my first HF blade and was wondering how they would last. How often do you change your reg blades?

The ones I have worked wonderfully. even shared and they have had no trouble

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepecanlady
    Can you tell me how to find them on the HF website? When I put in "blade" as a search, it comes up with everything but 45mm blades. I would like to order some. Thanks!
    I do not know about their web site but in the store they are in the carpet cutting section.

I've had one in my cutter for months now and haven't had to change it yet. They work great.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterGary
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepecanlady
    I do not know about their web site but in the store they are in the carpet cutting section.
    Thanks for letting us know what area to find them in. I was in a HF this weekend and could not find them. The one clerk I asked didn't have a clue. Will look again next time I am in HF.

Blog Entries
    I recently started using these blades and I love them. They go through several layers of fabric at a time and even if I have to change a little more often they are so uch less expensive that it does not matter. It sure beats fighting a dull blade because you cannot afford a replacement.

Nope, you're not the only one. The "cheaper" shows in quality and length of ability to even cut. I've invested in a rotary blade sharpener and am I ever glad I did.

Are they much cheaper than when on sale at JoAnn's?

I have had no problem with them and they seem to last forever! even with all the paperpiecing I put them thru.

Just make sure the package never looks opened. That's the only one I had trouble with. It was pretty obvious that someone had replaced new with old. Had to be a carpet layer, a quilter would never do that!

I find them very good..I cut out several quilts and a big bag of flannel into 5" squares 4thickness..and still it is sharp..watch those fingers

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast