Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone been to Paducah, KY for the quilt show? >

Has anyone been to Paducah, KY for the quilt show?

Has anyone been to Paducah, KY for the quilt show?

Old 01-09-2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Holice
Try hotels over in Indiana across the river from Paducah. They often have rooms and not that far.
My husband and I went last year for first time. we stayed in Marion, Illinois. Only about 45 minutes on the interstate from Paducah. we have our hotel paid for and ready for next year! It's an AWESOME experience.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

Only wish that someday I could. I live vicariously throught those that went and shared their pictures on this Board.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
Originally Posted by Lizzie151
I went to the one in Lancaster for the first time. I had been told by several shop owners that it was not the best, but I had a wonderful time. I stayed at a hotel that was on the quilt show bus route. I came as close to shopping til I dropped, as you could go and not really drop. It was great but I don't have anything ti compare it to. I live about an hour and a half from Lancaster but I like to stay a few days.There is so much to do there.
When is there one in lancaster, its not far from me unless its a different lancaster than the one in california
Probably Lancaster Pennsylvania.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:12 PM

I suggest spending the night. I spent three days and didn't see everything. Be sure to go to Elenor Burns show. She is a hoot.

If you think you want to spend the night, now is the time to make reservations. The rooms fill up fast. Some people make the next years reservation before they leave.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by loishe
I have went to the Paducah Quilt show for years! I love it! Wouldn't want to miss it. I live a bit over 3 hours away and we stay at Magnolia Manor on Ky lake. 3 days of so much fun!
I agree!! Only I stay at Moors Resort, just down the road!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:04 AM

When is the next quilt show? Any know. In Paducah?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltbaby
When is the next quilt show? Any know. In Paducah?
Where do you live? There are Quilt Shows all over the country. Google 'Quilt Shows (city or state )'. Contact Quilt Guilds and/or Quilt Shops in the areas you are interested in. They usually know where and when the shows are. The Paducah show is April 27-30.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I want to go so badly but have no one to go with this year... besides the fact that the hotels are actually already booked... If you don't book over the summer, you aren't going to get a room!

I wanted to go last year with a friend of mine but long story short, we ended up canceling and not getting to go :(
I live in Australia, but I try to go the the Stitches and Craft show twice a year. I go on my own but some times meet my daughter there, that way I can go home when I want to. I still have a great day on my own. Go even if you are on your one.It will be a great day or couple of days top see what you can't any other time.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Annya
Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I want to go so badly but have no one to go with this year... besides the fact that the hotels are actually already booked... If you don't book over the summer, you aren't going to get a room!

I wanted to go last year with a friend of mine but long story short, we ended up canceling and not getting to go :(
I live in Australia, but I try to go the the Stitches and Craft show twice a year. I go on my own but some times meet my daughter there, that way I can go home when I want to. I still have a great day on my own. Go even if you are on your one.It will be a great day or couple of days top see what you can't any other time.
I always go to Paducah and several other shows by myself.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:31 PM

I don't who told you that.Eleanor Burns has a whole area plus her store in which you can buy fabric. There are stores all over town that sells beautiful fabrics. I really like the Hurt Book store, where you can buy new books under $10.00 that was say $25.00. So if you can go do so.