Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone been to Paducah, KY for the quilt show? >

Has anyone been to Paducah, KY for the quilt show?

Has anyone been to Paducah, KY for the quilt show?

Old 01-12-2011, 10:58 PM

I have never been to Paducah but would love to make it down for the show one of these years!! From what I've heard I would choose Paducah over Houston. I haven't been to the IQS ib houston but have been there on business and don't really care for Houston, It seems like Paducah is more quilter friendly during show week. Hope I get to experience it someday soon!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by GirlieWhirlie
I plan on going this year but someone told me that I can see the same fabric online and close up better than being at the show. Any comments?
We only live once. See it for yourself. You can touch the fabrics, see the many varied new ideas on display, get answers to questions, feel the energy in the crowd, rub elbows with many talented people, take a class if you like, etc. Last April I was one of 300 from our local guild and guests who flew charter from Rockford, IL into Paducah's airport (that big jet was a shock to their system!). Some went all 3 days so they could take their time, see the museum, etc. The hotels are booked years in advance, so forget that. If you can drive to Rockford, our airport offers free parking (www.flyrfd.com) and our energetic organizer is working with local motels for the best deals so people can come into town the nite before, then not have to drive home after the long day in KY. BTW: we make nothing off it, in case you're wondering. We just have a dynamic quilter who loves to fly and often pushes the envelope.