Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone ever wanted to give up quilting? >

Has anyone ever wanted to give up quilting?

Has anyone ever wanted to give up quilting?

Old 08-17-2011, 03:30 PM

I, as well, go in streaks. It must be a mood thing for me. Right now I'm cross stitching - even take this outside!! Do not do any applique or hexes. Probably when fall and winter gets here, will be involved with my sewing machine. I enjoy reading all the comments on this thread.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:31 PM

I didn't sew all summer, then got back into it the other day. I wasn't interested. I think I will ask my doctor about changing or increasing the anti-depressant. I don't want to quit making quilts, but am changing the kind I make, and the size. Starting back on small wall hangings, but still only sew about an hour a day. Talk about needing a kick in the pants.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:29 PM

YES
Old 08-17-2011, 04:33 PM

This is my thought.......I believe your mom probably feels overwhelmed - maybe because there is so much material and she wants to do all these projects that it DOES become overwhelming. I too have felt like getting rid of some material (I don't have as much as your mom as you say). I keep telling myself....one project at a time!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
NOOOOOOOO!!!!
Nooo!!!! Never!!!!!! Why would anyone want to quit ? :roll:
Old 08-17-2011, 05:52 PM

1997-2008 all i did was help a freind make quillows for her xmas gifts and 2 adult bunny suits for at work at easter time, Dh and a guy played easter bunny. between working and my son getting chemo treatment for 1 1/2 years and 2 operations to take out his lumph nodes for melonoma cancer and then having surgery myself.I didn't touch anything till after my stroke in 2008. it is a slow process and I work on smaller things now and am learning to embroider some when not sewing or on the board. still learning the new techniques they have now before i did it the old way with templates like my ex MIL taught me and i belonged to the quilter Bonesteels club so I went by her template method.glad to be doing things again and that i founds such a great group here. I have been learning more here than i ever did in a class. thank you.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:03 PM

Sometimes when I see how expensive fabric, notions, batting etc is getting, but then I get over it! I don't smoke, chase wild men or drink too extream, so I guess I'll deal with it! ;) :roll:
Old 08-17-2011, 07:06 PM

I never wanted to give up quilting only the project I selected if it turned out to be bore.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:41 PM

Not really give up completely, but have taken a break now and then. always come back to it though.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:21 AM

I have and it sounds as though many of us share that. Maybe you could take them and "store" them until the creative bug returns.