Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone ever wanted to give up quilting? >

Has anyone ever wanted to give up quilting?

Has anyone ever wanted to give up quilting?

Old 08-18-2011, 05:42 AM
nab

Originally Posted by patticriss
I have recently started wanting to downsize everything. The older I get, the more I think about decluttering. My kids won't want all my stuff and looking at all this "stuff" just makes me tired. I haven't started de-stashing, tho. I'm not that into de-cluutering yet...lol
I have also started wanting to downsize everything. It is just stuff, which of course needs dusted or cleaned. I wish I had realized this 20 years ago. I do want to downsize my stash, but I would like to put it into some charity quilts. Something very easy so I can do alot and use alot of the older fabrics I have accumulated.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dreaming
The other day I was at my mom's and she said that she was going to massively downsize. She seems to have lost interest in quilting. This has been going on for quite awhile and she decided to get rid of most of her fabic, and she has tons. Has this ever happened to anyone and then you got interested again?
Has anything happened in your mom's life to cause her to lose interest? And is it only quilting she's lost interest in? Maybe she needs a new purpose for her quilting. Just a few things to think about.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:51 AM

With my new job, all I do is work..work and work. I haven't quilted in months, and it's depressing! I love to quilt so this has been hard on me. My space was downsized because our son needed to move back home...just seems more of a chore to pull everything out.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dreaming
The other day I was at my mom's and she said that she was going to massively downsize. She seems to have lost interest in quilting. This has been going on for quite awhile and she decided to get rid of most of her fabic, and she has tons. Has this ever happened to anyone and then you got interested again?
I've never WANTED to quit quilting/sewing, but I have been sick enough to not be able to :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
That's really sick!!!
lol, when I came on your thread, I saw your nick was "dreaming", and thought bc of the question, you might be having a nightmare! :shock:
Thought I should do you a favor and wake you up -
"heeeey, dreaming!!!" how's that?
hope your mom is ok,...not depressed or anything.
I hope I am able to quilt for a long, long time.