Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone had trouble with

Blog Entries
    Has anyone had trouble with Keepsake Quilter? I received a 15.00 gift certificate for my birthday So I ordered 4 years of the Amish Black Fabric and paid the rest on a gift card over the phone. No problems there. But I just got a confirmation that it was sent out and the Qty. was 32 I e-mailed them to find out if I was going to get my 4 yards or not. And have not heard from them. This is the second time this has happen to me with gift certificates. What is up with this?

Blog Entries
    Maybe it would help to follow up with a phone call? Sometimes emails get lost...

Power Poster
    Or a snail-mail letter. Keep a copy.

I have only ordered from them a few times, but everything was right. Good luck, hopefully you get everything!

Power Poster
    Twice - a long time ago - but they "made it right" when I called them.

Blog Entries
    I would call them on phone!

I've ordered several times from Keepsake and never had any problems. Then again I didn't use gift certificates either.

Definitely call them. They have a toll free number. I figure if the owner of Keepsake cared enough about customers to come on our board and post (which he did on a discussion about keepsake calicos from JoAnn fabric not being in any way shape or form part of keepsake quilting) they will go out of their way to keep customers happy. E-mail is not always best for many organizations. Make the phone call. 1-800-865-9458

Once my order had some incorrect items in it. I called and they quickly corrected the items.

bj
    I just ordered some fabric from them and they enter their units as 1/4 yards, but that would only be 16 to equal 4 yards. Unless you ordered other stuff besides the black, they may have accidentally doubled your order.

Blog Entries
    I've never had a problem with them and this is the first time I've heard of anyone else having a problem with them as well.

I've been to the store, it's a really nice store. I agree with everyone else that you should call them. For sure they will make it right.

Let us know how you make out.

Blog Entries
    Well I called. It seems that they doubled my order and chared me the same price ( Or gave me 1/2 off for 8 yards)Because I ordered on my Birthday. They just did not tell me about it though. And I did not understand the Qty. of 32 That threw me off.

Well, that was a nice birthday present.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I would call them. I have not had any problems with them, but my Mom had one. She bought something then returned it and it took over 2 months to get her money back, after calling at least 3 times, and emailing. I was not happy with that, but that's the only problem we have had. Usually they are very good.

Yes; Keepsake's system counts in 8th yard increments. So 32 increments equals 4 yards. :)

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob OBrian
    Yes; Keepsake's system counts in 8th yard increments. So 32 increments equals 4 yards. :)
    Is that unusual?

I have never noted that anywhere else.

Yes; the Keepsake order confirmation email shows that yardage is in increments (there is a disclaimer at the bottom)...but everything else (the tickets you get in the package, the shopping bag online, etc) show true yardage.