Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone here bought the new Destiny Machine? >

Has anyone here bought the new Destiny Machine?

Has anyone here bought the new Destiny Machine?

Old 10-21-2014, 01:15 PM

I believe it is $11,999 here.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:38 PM

AngelinaMaria, what a pretty name! Are you thinking about your Destiny too? My husband says it's really up to me and my answer is yes!!! I'll be getting it sometime after Christmas. Wish it could be before...maybe it'll be for Christmas! I can really dream about this one!
Old 10-23-2014, 02:44 PM

Rhonda Lee--my dream (at least for now) came true in July when I bought the Crescendo. I am making sure not to take more than a few quick glance at the new Babylocks so I wont have to know what I am missing!!! This was my 20 year wedding anniversary gift and I'm sure it will last for a long time. It is such a great machine. Good luck with your dream.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:00 PM

I went to the revealing of this machine back in Sept. this year and it is a wonderful machine. I own the Babylock Spirit Embroidery only machine so for me I didn't want the combo one. Like any machine one needs the time to learn the bells and whistles of what it offers and the most interesting part is the scanning feature. At my lqs the asking price was $8,999.99 including 100 floriani threads, software designs and of course 0% financing for 4 yrs. Its not a bad deal considering that it also comes with the Gold Warranty which provides 4 yrs. of maintenance for free. I will be using the Destiny at a soon Floriani party at my lqs. Can't wait to use it!
Old 10-24-2014, 07:22 AM

Quiltnut4ever, the price you quoted is the lowest one I've seen. It must make a difference what area we live in. I was able to use the Destiny at a retreat and was so impressed with how it functions. How fun and fortunate for you to be able to use it. It's a marvel.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:33 AM

"I traded in my quattro for the dream machine. It came with the luggage and a year of Anita Gooddesign quilt level club and 25% off purchases for one year. My husband bought it for my birthday. There was also free financing if you needed it. The store I got mine from sold 52 machines.
i love it. It does so much is so quiet. I scanned a picture and it stitched it out."

Stashelf,
How wonderful for you!! It looks like you had a fun time with the scanning and what you made. Isn't this new technology mind blowing? Can you imagine our grandmothers seeing something like this? My grandmother taught me how to sew on a treadle. I can remember standing on the chair that she was sitting on and looking over her shoulder mesmerized by what that needle going up and down was doing. My it's interesting the things we've been able to see and learn in our time. We are such a fortunate society.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:01 PM

Well she's here got it yesterday trying to make room for this monster machine....

Originally Posted by LyzeeBee View Post
I had been looking for an embroidery machine only online though, so I decided to go look in person, I was given a tour and demo of all the embroidery machines in the store, but when we got to the Destiny not only did it light up so did I. needless to say my husband was as intrigued as I was so he said there is no since in buying anything else lets just get the Destiny, I melted like butter. was not intending on buying just yet but he said why wait. 2 weeks and she will be set up ready to go...
Old 11-01-2014, 03:18 PM

How exciting. Is it's footprint bigger than Crescendo? I upgraded from an Espire to a Crescendo in the summer and remember how little the Espire looked side by side. Sewing table/cabinet manufacturers are going to have to start making their products with bigger cut outs. My machine just barely fits in my new Arrow Florie cabinet.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:56 PM

Forgive me for not knowing exactly what your talking about....this is my very first babylock machine...I'll have to get hip to the lingo