Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone looked in your sewing room and gasped at the mess?

I don't care what anyone thinks of my cave. I LOVE IT! It's my Therapy Room. Cheaper than any Dr. :)

Blog Entries
    Neighbor came to borrow a needle, a big eyed one, I led her into my sewing room, and I siad it was my sewing room and excuse the mess. Well she churped in, that is a good thing. shje knows I am alone. She seen some pillows I made and asked if I was selling them, she also seen some of the quilts I finished, sshe said you do good. with her not speaking much engilsh, that lifted my spirits! clutter and all!

Banned
    Nope, because theirs are just as bad

Blog Entries
    We were sampling realtors, and a comment was made on my sewing with words involving natural disasters like"hurricane". Fortunately the realtor was a friend of the person I was frantically making ties for a retirement roast he was hosting, so he was able to excuse the mess! We did end up using the realtor, she was able to salvage her commission with great praise on the whole house after the project was finished!

that is why we have doors

I have to admit that I'm one of those people that put things away at the end of a day. Even though my daughter and I are usually the only ones in the basement creative area, I can't stand to come back to a mess. Last night I was working on some blocks and I admit that I didn't finish what I started out doing, so my small pressing table with the iron and the blocks in progress is still out. If I don't get to it today, I will have to put it away because the next time I will be down there working will be Friday or Saturday.

I cleaned and organized my room. Now I can't find anything.
    LOL!!!

sometimes the gasp is a "jealous gasp" if it was organized how would we find what we want ?!

Oh yeah!
    Michelle G. in El Paso

Quote Originally Posted by thequilterslink
    No one gasps at my Sewing room, they run screaming in terror, but i know where everything is in there
    I gasp at my husband's garage ... like a horder's best dream. Only one small path winding through the piles on the floors, piles of tools on the shelving, etc. etc. We bought shelving and boxes and bins to try to organize the mess. But um... it doesn't work. Now there's jumbles in the boxes and bins, but you can't get to them cause of the piles on the floors.

Before you ask... I have my own box of tools, that I keep in the house... so I can find them. lol. And also, to be fair to him... he DOES know where everything is. If I try to straighten up... he freaks. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Molly B
    I don't care what anyone thinks of my cave. I LOVE IT! It's my Therapy Room. Cheaper than any Dr. :)
    I dunno... the way fabric prices are going....

same here
    Quote Originally Posted by cosyquilter
    I gasp at my own mess...LOL.

Yep, my husband tells me that often. He's right but I just never seem to have the time to work on it. I'd rather be working on a project.

If anybody sticks their head in "my" room - they better keep their opinion to themselves. Those people looking for a particular fabric, button, thread, etc., don't have a problem with my mess!

My sister walked into mine the other day and laughingly asked if I lost things, I said yes all the time.

But it is so much fun when you find it back and say to yourself "Oh wow, didn't know I had this"!

I too gasp when I open my craft/sewing room door.
    We are in the process of selling our home, to move closer to our kids on the east coast. The key word our realtor is using is "de-personalizing" our home. Almost the entire home is now ready for viewing except for my craft/sewing room. I gasp, I mope, I cringe but haven't begun the task of de-personalizing this room. Along with working 4 days a week, doing craft shows off and on during the year, our involvement in local 4H activities and my quilting guild responsibilites, this room gets used alot for on-going things and figuring out how to make this work at this time is a bit maddening.
    So as I first stated, I too gasp at my room! But I also have a number of projects in progress - where do I find a happy balance between playing and de-personalizing? Any suggestions?

Yes, every day......

My sewing room has French doors with glass windows. I'd love to put some kind of curtains on them to keep my room private but hubby doesn't want any holes in the doors. This is right when you walk in the front door. I try to keep it somewhat tidy but that's not always possible.

Yep! Been there, done that. Trouble is, the rest of my house is also a mess. I really do need to do a good spring cleaning, but I keep putting it off. One of these days....

Every morning when I pass my quilt room!

I sew on the kitchen table and have to put things away by 5:00 pm when my husband gets home from work. Some days I do loose track of time and have a big mess between the living room and kitchen when he gets home he shakes his head and helps me clean up. Once in a while he will suggest going out for dinner so I can continue sewing when we get back home.

Quote Originally Posted by thequilterslink
    No one gasps at my Sewing room, they run screaming in terror, but i know where everything is in there
    Isn't that funny? No matter how messy our messes we always (well, almost) know where it is!

everyday, but I just keep on sewing ...

My husband makes me crazy with his comments!!! I decided after the holidays were over and I had time to breath that I was going to organize my room......again....lol so I started.....that was the 1st week in Jan and he came in the day I started and said, "So you almost done!" I was like 'What....get out!!" lol , so a few weeks later he said are you ever going to finish that room? Well I thought about it for a minute....and said "Look it did not get this way overnight and I have worked very hard to get it this way so it will not get done overnight!! Just don't look!" He has a hobby and it is in the garage, which may I add is the same size as my house, he restores old cars....but he has the whole garage..............I have a 10 x 10 room for my hobby!!! This is who I am.....you have been with me 20 years it is time you get use to it!! lol

I sometimes wish I could leave a mess - but I can't. I absolutely cannot leave anything out of place. I feel like it is a sickness sometimes. I'm not that picky. I just can't make or leave a mess. I always pick up no matter what I am doing. My husband is the same way. I don't understand leaving a mess. - Cynthia

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast