Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone seen a woven quilt or a frame to make one? >

Has anyone seen a woven quilt or a frame to make one?

Has anyone seen a woven quilt or a frame to make one?

Old 02-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

The pattern I know I posted here somewhere is strips of fabric with batting already in them and then they are woven on a board frame. Simple but specific instructions how to hold the weaves together and finishing the quilt. I'm still looking. Found the name of the magazine though, American Quilt Retailer.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

Okay found the info about the pattern. But can't find the pattern. LQS had the pattern as a freebie time ago. I may still have it somewhere. This magazine is great. It's geared toward quilt shop owners but has all the fantastic patterns that shops use for sample quilts for the shops. Most say copies of the pattern can be copied to use for a shop freebie, or used in classes, but not for sale.
http://www.americanquiltretailer.com/blog/archives/480
Old 02-21-2011, 10:02 AM

This link was very helpful. The corkboard picture is great. It is starting to make sense.
-Thanks,
Harry

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Okay found the info about the pattern. But can't find the pattern. LQS had the pattern as a freebie time ago. I may still have it somewhere. This magazine is great. It's geared toward quilt shop owners but has all the fantastic patterns that shops use for sample quilts for the shops. Most say copies of the pattern can be copied to use for a shop freebie, or used in classes, but not for sale.
http://www.americanquiltretailer.com/blog/archives/480
Old 02-21-2011, 10:04 AM

Great idea too.
Thank you,
Harry

Originally Posted by ktbb
You can purchase (or you may already have) portable ironing boards with the traditional one inch grid on them. Use this by pinning strips going one direction at both top and bottom to hold the strips taut (for the warp) and weaving strips for the woof going in the other direction. In addition, if you place a sheet of lightweight fusible interfacing on the base before you start your weaving (glue side up, obviously) you can press your woven pattern in place once you've finished your design.