Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone used Printed Treasures?

Has anyone used Printed Treasures?

Has anyone used Printed Treasures? I used it to make a label for my quilt and I tried to peel the paper off the back but it comes off in tiny little pieces and pieces of it stick to the back of the label. Any suggestions as to how to get the paper off?

Gay
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried heating with the iron to peel it off?
    If the ink has been set you should be able to soak the label and rub the paper off. I say this tongue-in-cheek as I haven't used this particular company, only used treated fabric and my own printer.

I think I had to wet mine, but I don't remember it being an issue. I did heat set it to the extreme and it's still holding up after several years and many launderings.

I reheated it a bit with the iron. It came off easier while still warm.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
    Has anyone used Printed Treasures? I used it to make a label for my quilt and I tried to peel the paper off the back but it comes off in tiny little pieces and pieces of it stick to the back of the label. Any suggestions as to how to get the paper off?
    I contacted the company with this exact issue. They quickly responded to me explaining that they had been diligently working on the problem and resolved it and the newly developed product was now in stores. They told me I would be able to identify the new product by the fact it would carry a lot number on the package. They even included a full package of the new and to my delight, it worked perfectly; came off in one continuous piece. Try it again, being sure your package carries a lot number.
    rvsfan
    A Ricky Van Shelton fan

I used it and hated it, it was the hardest stuff to get off ever!!! Maybe I should have sent them an email too!

Heat it with the iron, use a pin to scratch the paper. This gives you place to peel. Not in a corner, on the side. It should peel free ok. Just keep heating as you remove the paper.
    Happy Quilting Grandma of 15, 3 Greats

I've used a number of those sheets. The trick is to immediately remove the paper after it comes out of the printer. Otherwise it dries out and sticks to the fabric.
    Connie

Thanks for all the tips. I let it dry overnight and then I heated it with the iron. The paper peeled off easier after that.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
    I reheated it a bit with the iron. It came off easier while still warm.
    After numerous attempts at peeling paper off in bits &/or soaking and scraping, the above was an "ah-ha" moment I had months ago. Worked like a charm, but am happy the company has rectified it now.

Quote Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
    This product is terrible. Heating it with the iron just made it stick harder. I put it in a bowl of water (enough to wet the paper good). Only had to let it soak a few seconds, then I scraped the paper off with my fingernail. This worked the best of off the different things I tried to do to remove the paper.
    Ellen