Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hate what I'm doing today

Done but not submitted. We got an amended 1099 last week, and I haven't looked to see what changed. Not sure I want to know. We had a refund, but it will just roll into the 1st quarter estimate.

We always do ours the last minute, cause we always have to pay in more. We both work part time and claim 0 and then send uncle sam and state 25 % more each quarter and still end up paying in.

Pat in MN

Blog Entries
    same here.. ; ( love it when people complain they don't get enough....they should be thankful not to have to pay in...UGH..Oh well...
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    DH waits for the last week to mail ours. We have never gotten a tax refund always have to pay.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I have not done mine yet. Will do them Monday.
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

Well, this is the first year in 12 that we have not had a child in college and here in IN we always had to have our taxes done in Feb in order to file FAFSA on time. So...this year I have procrastinated...finally sat down this evening to organize all the paperwork for the accountant. DH will take it to her on Monday. We had a major change (on the plus side) in income (due to a transfer of farm property) and I am really afraid we are going to get 'hit' pretty hard. I am already getting a sick feeling in my 'gut'.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    done and spent.
    mine too

Taxes are done as soon as all paperwork is in. Our appointment is the first part of February - we have a small ranch so hire the taxes done - I don't know how to depreciate a cow!

South East Michigan...at the bottom of the thumb!
    We put everything in an envelope and sent it to our tax person 2 weeks ago. My DH complained the whole time he was sorting which papers he needed. Not as much as when HE used to do the taxes! It is easier when retired! Poorer too!

Don't have to do income tax anymore.

DH does ours. They are sent in but haven't received our refund yet.

Mailed a few days ago. Looking forward to having fabric money. Oh, and CHOCOLATE money too.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Blog Entries
    Done and in process of being used to redo my sewing room.. new floor, walls reworked and painted.. can't wait..

I started doing them online but after all the entries and time spent it wanted something that I had no idea what it was so gave up.
    I dont get much back and Im getting older and if they want taxes done they should make them easier.
    If they want my taxes done they can do them. I cant afford to have them done.

We get a refund. If I give half to DH I might be able to buy 2 yds of fabric and 1 candy bar. Oh, it cost us $$$ to have it done, but its done, and I don't have the headache. The IRS should make it easier, but then they wouldn't have their high salary jobs anymore.
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

Quote Originally Posted by grannie cheechee View Post
    We get a refund. If I give half to DH I might be able to buy 2 yds of fabric and 1 candy bar. Oh, it cost us $$$ to have it done, but its done, and I don't have the headache. The IRS should make it easier, but then they wouldn't have their high salary jobs anymore.
    The IRS is just the enforcer and collector. Congress makes tax law.

Blog Entries
    I received my return already, like a week ago! Sorry your stuck inside with all that figuring to do
    This too shall be over soon.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
    Don't have to do income tax anymore.
    Me neither.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    done and spent also. PAID my car off. Yipee

We're still waiting on accountant. The agency has had all our info for more than a month or so. Waiting to be told how much we can fund in an IRA and to finalize the returns. This is our first year in retirement status so we have no idea how much we might owe or get back. Also, if this was completed, we could continue with our April travel plans. So we're playing the waiting game.

This year done, and filed. Yea Back in February. The last couple of years that was not the tale. So this year I changed my coat. I hope I can keep it up, for the future.

Blog Entries
    That's DH's job. I'm sewing merrily along, but I can hear him growling in his office. Am I gonna take pity on him? No - Im' gonna stay as far away as possible. Maybe I should turn the CD player a little louder ~ ~ ~

Since we own a business (my husband has a small custom cabinet shop) of which I have the honor of doing the small amount of bookkeeping that goes with it. I need to have all the bookkeeping to our CPA to file corporate taxes by March 15. So my taxes are always out of the way by the time others are complaining about needing to get to them. I have the forms to send in our payments before Apr. 15, but otherwise it's all signed, sealed and delivered. Love our CPA! She is worth every penny we pay her!!!!
    Thimble and Thread

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Done and spent. DH gets all info together after last paycheck, enters into computer then waits for mine at end of January. In the bank by auto-dep by mid Feb. He uses the Turbo-Tax and I try to keep my records updated on monthly basis. So glad it's done. I procrastinate more than he does, so I don't let myself go beyond the end of the month to bring records up to date. Anything else, yeah, I do have other things I need to get done.

Usually it's a last minute thing because we always have to pay more than was withheld. This year we came to our senses and realized that since the ready money in a bank account is earning interest at less than the inflation rate (!), we might as well hurry up and give it to Uncle Sam in January. DH figured the taxes and we wrote the check. It's actually a load off our minds. No April tax scramble for us, for once.

Which reminds me of the time years ago when I rushed to the post office near deadline and stuffed the tax envelope into the slot. I pushed it in with my left hand because there were so many they were sticking out, and it would make me nervous to think someone could just grab it. As I pulled my hand back I found that my solitaire would not get back past the edge of the slot, so I was standing there for a few seconds, elbow above shoulder level, with my hand stuck! I was finally able to wiggle the ring around sideways so that the diamond was between my fingers and I got out, but it was a pretty embarrassing situation with other late taxpayers standing in line behind me.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I procrastinate on the taxes. They are done, but haven't sent my money yet...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast