Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Hate what I'm doing today

lol, done and in the bank! Waiting for the invoice on my planned Alaskan Cruise!
    Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    done and spent.

Our CPA had ours done a month ago. I haven't sent for state refund yet. We have to pay and make big estimated earnings every quarter. I will send everything off this coming week. Has to be taken to post office, big envelopes. State refund won't help much.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Done, received, and spent on a new Babylock Crescendo! Whoo Hoo!

All done and back from the accountant, but I have to write checks to both the Fed and the state, so they won't go out for a couple of weeks.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

I was up a 5am one moring in Feb. and heard the news man say that all taxes not dated the 15th would not be refunded; all money would go back into the gov. coffers. Not sure how true that is; only heard it once on TV. Ours done in Feb. and got back, added to it and bought a small tractor for our small farm. Not sure!

When we use to get a refund, dh was the first to mail them out. Now we always have to pay so he waits until the last minute.

Done and trying to scrape together the money to send in....owing to the tax man really puts a dent in my fabric fund....how can people on retirement income owe like this??? Something is wrong that we should have to pay in like this!

Blog Entries
    I was taught at financial seminars I was required to go to at my job if you get a tax refund you are losing income during the year.
    Got fabric?

I was going to do my income taxes today but the fabric was calling my name more strongly thanb the tax. I usually have it done and back by now but this year I just haven't had the calling yet.. I know I will receive back most of whaI put in, except for State, but have not had the eurge to do so this year. I still have 2 weeks.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Done...Paid the IRS a lot of money. Had to take out hubby's SEP IRA and mine, pay the accountant and the 1st. quarterly payment. Yep, I just love tax time!!

Done, signed and submitted. Now waiting for the refund - planning to use it to drive to Alaska this summer I'm sure they have quilt shops in several of the towns

still working on ours too

Our check is already invested.

procrastinators here too.....we still haven't done ours

If your kids are in college, they need the tax info by the 1st week of February for FAFSA. So that is an incentive to get them done.

Oh my I not only wait till the last minute, I get and extension and wait till the last minute. Every year I say I'm not going to do that but alas I do...

I work now for a CPA, my first tax season.....interesting. The door is open file for an extension if you can't get, them done by the deadline

I have not started mine yet either. I sure wish quilting fabric was a deduction!!!!!!

Yuck, but a job that needs done, doing the same and almost ready to take in. Such a miserable job. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
    I started doing them online but after all the entries and time spent it wanted something that I had no idea what it was so gave up.
    I dont get much back and Im getting older and if they want taxes done they should make them easier.
    If they want my taxes done they can do them. I cant afford to have them done.
    If you are over 65 there are many places that will help you with your taxes for free. Try your local library, senior center or township office. If these places don't do them for seniors, they usually can tell you where to go to get help with your taxes for free.

Done and cruising next week!

I give myself a deadline of March 1 but try to get it done by Valentines Day. That way I have more $$ to spend at the spring fabric sales!

Just finished mine a little bit ago. Well, at least all the calculations and such. Just need to make copies, sign and mail. We usually have to pay so I normally wait until close to the 15th. This is maybe only the 2nd time in 20+ years that we're getting both a fed and state refund! Woohoo. Not enough to do anything with mind you, but at least we're not paying this time! Happy day!

We have to, they send us revised documents every year and we have to wait til mid-March to do them. I'm waiting for fabric in the mail so I can start the next project...I'm getting antsy! Don't worry, it will be over soon : )

I never get a refund. So, I always wait until the middle to end of March. I did ours yesterday (we owe $748). I still have to do my son's. Next year I am pretty sure we will get a refund. So, I will do them earlier. My husband gets so mad about lending the government our money interest free but we have owed more each of the past two years. Time for a little tweaking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3