Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever gotten tired of a color in your stash? >

Have you ever gotten tired of a color in your stash?

Have you ever gotten tired of a color in your stash?

Old 12-14-2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sloan Quinn
Anybody have any idea what to do with this? Its either a poly or a dk (I haven't ever looked at it that close); I got it from my grandmother when I received part of her stash - she used to make a lot of clothes. It's nice enough, I suppose, but not something I have a clue where to use.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Looks like a sunset waiting for a silhouette in black or navy. Like justflyingin's idea of the sailboats. Flying birds, lighthouse, dunes would all work.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:25 PM

i don't like brown and beige they are to drab for me it seems like i go for the brighter colors
Old 12-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

I like just about all colours....I have a lot of florals in my stash, but not enough blenders so I have decided for 12 months there are to be no more florals purchased (even if they are screaming "I'm a bargain....buy me".
Old 12-14-2010, 03:51 PM

YES! Today I was doing a clean sweep in my sewing room. Cleaning and reorganizing. I finally threw away some fabric I've had for at least 15 years and never used. I remember that when I bought it, I had yet to make my first quilt, but was collecting fabric. It felt so good to finally toss this fabric!
Old 12-14-2010, 04:00 PM

Pink , not a fan of pink even before the mauve era. It seemd that for awhile everyone was doing some room in their house in either mauve or country blue.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:28 PM

There are colors that I'm less fond of by themselves, but color never exists solely by itself. They all change depending on what they are close to and working with...much like some people I know. :lol: If you don't like purple by itself or with white, try it with red or blue or yellow. It'll change it's appearance and you may decide it isn't so bad after all. It's great with black, too. I keep some of everything in my stash because I work mostly in analgous color schemes. So even though I wouldn't use orange all by itself, I absolutely love it with reds and yellows. As they say, it's all relative! :D
Old 12-14-2010, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Ok... so we collect our fabric for YEARS... and of course color trends change.

Have you ever gotten tired of one of the colors in your stash?

I'll start... I eventually did tire of country blue. It was EVERYWHERE back when!
In 2005, I made a graduation quilt for my DGD. I had bought loads of "pinks" from the lightest pinks to the deepest maroons. I had bought too much and am still trying to use some of it . The ladies in my new guild group will soon wonder what's with me and the pinks. I try to use them when I make my pieces for the monthly lottery block. This month's block was really nice with the maroon and the mauve. I'm trying to make an extra block of each for me to keep. It should make an interesting quilt one day.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by CindyBee
YES! Today I was doing a clean sweep in my sewing room. Cleaning and reorganizing. I finally threw away some fabric I've had for at least 15 years and never used. I remember that when I bought it, I had yet to make my first quilt, but was collecting fabric. It felt so good to finally toss this fabric!
Why didn't you post it here to sell to someone? I'm sure someone would have loved it!
Old 12-14-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cyn
Purple is bothering me!
it's my favorite... so send it to me!!
Old 12-14-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lakelady
I read somewhere that if you have a fabric you can't stand, you haven't cut it small enough yet.
still working on the omigosh quilt... nothing is ugly when you cut it into 1" x 1" squares... after piecing, makes it 1/2" x 1/2" using up all the uglies...