Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you found your "perfect" machine? >

Have you found your "perfect" machine?

Have you found your "perfect" machine?

Old 03-18-2015, 02:51 AM

I am in love with my Babylock Serenade. It has exactly all the features I wanted in a machine. If you loved that machine so much, you should look for another one for sale used. My previous machines were Pfaff's, so I know where you are coming from. After I pieced on a Pfaff with IDT, I knew I would never piece or sew on another machine without it if I could help it. (The Babylock Serenade has the dual feed dogs. It also has a knee lift, needle down, thread cutter, speed control, separate motor for bobbin winding, vertical bobbin, low bobbin alert, great lighting, loads of specialty stitches.)
Old 03-18-2015, 03:09 AM
Power Poster

I just love my 1955 Singer Featherweight that I use for piecing. The sewing line is so great. I use it almost every day. I have other machines but this one is my favorite.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:50 AM

I have a Bermina 180 and a Bernina 550 and I love them both. I also have a Singer Featherweieght that I take to camp with me as a backup.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:54 AM

I sewed on a Juki TL2010q on Monday and loved it. May have to go back and buy it. :-)
Old 03-18-2015, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lovequilting22 View Post
how do you like it for other things? I have looked at that machine for a long time, but I just can't make up my mind. I have an Esante and am looking to upgrade. Mine is a combo machine and I'm not sure if I want to go to back to separate machines or stay with a combo. Any tips you could offer would be great. Thanks in advance
Things I like about the BL crescendo: the lighting, large throat area, ease of changing settings, bobbin winding, automatic threading, the clock, the screen, lower cost of different pressor feet. Things I don't like: taking off the throat plate to clean lint out as is hard to maneuver to get the screws out (even had a conversation with BL about how bad it is),tension changes too much when FMQ, alphabet size, dual feed foot (quilt bunches up behind it) so I bought a walking foot for a lot of money and it needs an extension to fit on. I feel the bad outweighs the good. Hate to say too much to husband because he was happy to get it for me.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:57 AM

I have a Viking Platinum that I absolutely love. Have had it for (according to the shop) 7 years. Just took it for it's first service last week. It has sewn almost anything I have thrown at it. Exception being heavy canvas boat cover/binding edge on it. Just a hair too thick or I just didn't have the correct needle for the job. Otherwise, it's awesome. Sews an awesome 'scant' 1/4" seam with simply regular foot and needle setting. Sews binding on with no walking foot and no balking. I don't normally machine quilt although I have some some simple cross-hatch quilting with it and it's fine - again without walking foot. Has automatic tension settings so NEVER have to adjust. Will use any thread that I throw at it as well.

Beyond that, I have my FW which also sews beautifully. Have a 99 that I may use in the next day or so now that I finally have correct bobbins for it. Have had it for a while but have not had a need to use it. Bought it to put into another table but it didn't fit. Waiting for the 66 to be refurbed to go into the table previously mentioned.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:00 AM

I have a Pfaff 7550. Bought it back when they first came out. Every now and then I look at other machines but
most of them, no matter what they do, are so full of plastic parts. When you do replace yours, please post. I would
love to know what you found to be equal to it.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:59 AM

try out a Bernina - I have a Aurora 440 EQ and LOVE IT!!
Old 03-18-2015, 05:09 AM

I relate to this very well. My Pfaff 7530 ust died and I'm borrowing a friends brother. We haven't bonded yet but I'm trying to.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

I STILL LOVE my Bernina 1530. I would NOT want to replace it unless it absolutely died on me. I don't need all the bells and whistles that are featured on the newer DSM.