Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you heard...New ACCUQUILT GO >

Have you heard...New ACCUQUILT GO

Have you heard...New ACCUQUILT GO

Old 10-10-2010, 09:39 AM

There's so much to learn about either Go cutter.Have started a file of info....wish all the owners could have a place for tips etc.Thanks for your posts....can tell you know how to work that cutter.Keep the tips coming.

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have the Sunbonnet Sue die but haven't use it yet. I do use have the hexagon and circle dies. Love those. Be sure and watch the youtube videos how to use the dies more then one way! If you have the strip die you can cut the same size square die with it too.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

There is a group that has tons of info and tips how to use the Go. It's great. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/accucutquilters/
Old 10-10-2010, 10:35 AM

Thanks, I did join.Will go there more often to read what they have to say.Thanks for the reminder.

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
There is a group that has tons of info and tips how to use the Go. It's great. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/accucutquilters/
Old 10-10-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
Would love to hear some feedback on if its worth it from those who have them. If it is...will have to add it to my Christmas list...my kids can pitch in...
I have the regular sized Accuquilt GO and I love it. The Go!Baby would be alright, but you cannot use all of the dies because of the size. If you can pick between the two I think you would be happier with the Accuquilt GO!. Good luck in your search. Let me tell you your quilts will go together so much faster, and more fun. Just my honest opinion. Jenelle
Old 10-10-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by justme2
"I Have a Notion"has them for $99.Kelly is the owner & great to deal with.She'll ans all questions.
Tried to give her addy, but mail won't accept it.Just Google & it will pop right up.

Wondering if the holidays will bring even lower prices ? Just a thought. Does the machine come with any die? Check to see if the ones you buy extra will cut the size squares,strips & triangles you use most often in quilts.

Originally Posted by dream56
I saw the ads and thought the same thing
The GO!Baby does not come with any dies, but the Accuquilt GO! cutter comes with one. Hope that helps.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:41 PM

I know nothing about these cutters. Wondering what the special mats are used for? Are they needed? I already have a bunch of mats.
Originally Posted by DebsShelties
There is a chart link on the site that was first given for the go baby that shows what dies are compatible. The 10 inch ones are not. They made a special 2 wide strip die for this unit.
You do need the cutting mats that they have, they are not like the mats we use to rotary cut on. These are thicker, and if you don't use a mat you will ruin the cutting blades. Hope this helps.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:45 PM

Can I ask what one you'd buy if you had to choose? I make a lot of runners,throws etc.Very few bed size quilts.I like the 2 1/2" strips....but too cheap to buy the Jelly Rolls :)Also use 3 & 4" half sq triangles.Thanks for sharing.I like hearing from owners of whatever I'm considering.Cutting is starting to give my back fits.
[/quote]

You can't go wrong with the die cuts for the half square triangles, I use them all the time. However I don't have the strip cutters yet, so I can't comment on them, But I hear many positive comments on other boards. Hope this helps.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by katied772
I have never used one of these machines and know little about them. How long of strips do they cut and how does it compare to cutting them with a rotary cutter?
I don't have a strip die, but from what I have heard on other boards, it all depends on how you fold you fabric on how long the strips will be. As compared to rotary cutting, I've also heard that they come out perfect with the GO!Cutter.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:55 PM

[quote=inletjerry]
Originally Posted by carolaug

There is also a strip cutting machine, saw it in Clotide's catalog, for around $99. Looks good maybe someone has used it and will let us know.
I bought this strip cutting machine, brought it home tested it and it wouldn't cut a thing, took it back the same day. I haven't really heard a good thing about it yet. Just wanted you to be aware of this.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Donnasue
I have two of the original dies. Will they fit in the Go Baby?
Which two do you have. On the web site there is a list of what dies can be used in the GO! Baby, maybe that will help. I know any of the larger sized dies will not work.