Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you posted a picture of your sewing room and if not, why? >

Have you posted a picture of your sewing room and if not, why?

Have you posted a picture of your sewing room and if not, why?

Old 02-18-2012, 01:25 PM

I lost my craft room when we moved and now just have a table.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

I would if I had a sewing room! I share the third bedroom with hubby and his computer. Only room for a table with well for sewing machine and another table too small to cut on. Fabrics in dresser drawers in other room. Notions stacked under table. Treadle is in foyer. Vintage singer in cabinet in living room. You get the drift!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 02:17 PM

I love my sewing room. Lots of room. If you want to peak here it is. http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...albums878.html
Old 02-18-2012, 06:50 PM

No, don't have one, just a little corner of our bedroom in our apartment, used to be dining room, but we moved to a smaller place so I felt more comfortable in the bedroom, but it is not much of a sewing room, consists of my machine in a gidget table and thats it, our walkin closet is sewing storage, and my clothes
Old 02-18-2012, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by deedum View Post
I think I am just a bit shy, I will take pictures of my sewingroom but just hesitate to post. Wondering if anyone else felt the same? Should we start a post of just pictures of our sewing rooms? Wouldn't that be fun?
I love to look at other sewing rooms, just kinda shy.....
I love to look also. I have taken pictures but have not posted. Just maybe I will ----next week.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:02 PM

Here is my recent post of my sewing area: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t178684.html

I was also shy about it at first because my area is in an unfinished basement.... but thought... I really like seeing pics of everyone's space .. so I took some pics and posted. I LOVE it.... it is my little refuge.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:18 PM

Here are photos of my room at home.
Attached Thumbnails my-craft-room_001_005_001.jpg   my-craft-room_001_007.jpg   my-craft-room_001_002.jpg   craft-room-beginnings_010.jpg  
Old 02-18-2012, 07:40 PM

Here is my studio away from home. I had to find a place to put my long arm frame and I'm renting this 18x 18 office.
Photos were taken as I was moving in and nothing was set up yet. I love the wall of cabinets and drawers.
Attached Thumbnails img_0786.jpg   img_0705.jpg   img_0702.jpg   img_0735.jpg   img_0883.jpg  

img_0736.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by SuzanneG View Post
I have to keep my quilt room neat to feel inspired and creative. I'm by no means a neat freak, but I learned long ago I quilt happier and more often when my space is neat and orderly.
I'm the same - I had a big tidy-up a month or so ago, and felt much more focused and creative. But things are now back to where they were - I'm really trying to learn to tidy up as I go along, but it doesn't come naturally! And the room is also used for other things, which doesn't help. I think next year's project (spent too much money on a new sewing machine this year) will have to be a major rethink of the space.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:53 AM

I use the dining area in our kitchen for my sewing space, not much to see there : ) just a dining room table with my sewing machine on it. Have a cupboard in there I use for my fabric. Cutting table is in the living room.