Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Havel's Fabric Cutter >

Havel's Fabric Cutter

Havel's Fabric Cutter

Old 02-26-2014, 12:43 PM
pw6

no, I have the studio Cutter from Accuquilt and love it. I can cut 90 1 1/2 " strips in a few seconds and have all the strip cutters except the 5 1/2". I love them and have never had any problem with the machine of any of the dies, they had it on sale also.. I bought $1500.00 of dies and received my cutting machine for FREE about 6 or more years ago. you can turn your strips across the dies and cut squares all day long.. hearts. diamonds, circles. and on and on
Old 02-26-2014, 01:00 PM
Power Poster

I have the June TAilor Shape cut and as long as I have a new sharp blade I can go through 4 layers and it's usually with the 60mm blade.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:33 PM

I have the JT Shape cutter and could not do with out it, much easier to use than getting out my Go cutter unless I need a lot of strips. I even bought my DGD one. I'm so excited that she is interested in quilting
Old 02-26-2014, 06:31 PM

I use a June Tailor Shape cut ruler all the time. With my Marteli Rotary cutter, I usually can cut 8 layers easily. Sometimes I can cut cup to 12 layers but have to press a bit harder.

8 layers is 2 pieces of fabric folded to fit under the ruler

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:46 PM

I have the Havel's Fabric Cutter. I got it about a week ago from Nancy's N. I spoke to one of there team before purchase.
The fabric is held I place very well with full length sand like strip at the cutting edge. No wiggle which was one of my problems, I have broken both of my wrist in the past few yrs.
I just went in and tried mine with 8 layers and was just shy a little bit on last layer, but I can't push down very hard myself any more slips like butter through 4 layers and probably 6 but I did not try.
My one problem with it is only instruction are written on outside of box ,30" long, it is not difficult but these include the blade changing bit and I want to keep that.
Then at first I was not getting clean cuts all the way through! I was a bit upset, I put my thinking cap on and finally figured out that the table I was using ( a fold up craft type table) was not level, the edges were just slightly higher than the middle! It worked fine for the long flexible rulers that I had always used, but the metal one was not flexing of course ,so the blade was not touching the middle of the fabric, if that makes any sense. I turned it length wise of the table and away from the edge and it works beautifully. I would by another one if I had to for some reason.
Sorry about the book length..
Old 02-26-2014, 08:18 PM

Just looked it up on the Havel website. It looks fun - I was getting ready to put it on my "needs" list, then realized I have the Go and 2 different width dies and the June Taylor Shape cutter - so didn't put it on my "needs" list - but it certainly would be if I didn't have the other 2 items.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:29 AM

I have the Fiskar one and found they need to be on an even table. In the winter we quilt at the club house on those folding plastic tables and they are all uneven. But work great on a flat surface. I keep looking at the Acu-cut. It would be great to have one. But I can't justify the expense.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:40 AM

Buy a June Tailor's Shape Cut ruler. You can cut strips quickly and accurately. I love mine. It's the one ruler I use the most. Go to June Tailor's website, if I remember correctly she has videos on how to use it.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:23 PM

I am looking for a June Taylor Shapecut Plus or Pro ruler. One has 1" cuts and the other has 2 ½" cuts. Which one do you think is better?
Old 06-15-2015, 05:41 AM

Windblown, You can download the Havel instructions (and throw out the box. LOL) here: http://www.havelssewing.com/fabric-c...ade-39019.html

Hope this helps.