Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Having issues finding thread? >

Having issues finding thread?

Having issues finding thread?

Old 03-23-2015, 04:31 AM

I just went to discount embroidery supplies and I can't find the Aurifil thread. Am I missing something?
Originally Posted by LilaKay View Post
I really prefer to sew with aurifil. There is very little lint. I get mine from http://www.discountembroiderysupplies.com
They have free shipping
Old 03-23-2015, 09:42 AM

I talked with Connecting Threads customer service in February as it seemed they were out of the Cone Thread for a such a long time. What I was told was that the Long Shore man's strike had containers on the dock with thread and until the strike was settled a lot of their thread would remain back ordered.

I think that I heard that the strike is finally settled. Connecting threads now estimates according to the website 4-22 for the threads to be back in stock.

So perhaps that explanation is why so many companies are out of thread? Just a thought.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
I talked with Connecting Threads customer service in February as it seemed they were out of the Cone Thread for a such a long time. What I was told was that the Long Shore man's strike had containers on the dock with thread and until the strike was settled a lot of their thread would remain back ordered.

I think that I heard that the strike is finally settled. Connecting threads now estimates according to the website 4-22 for the threads to be back in stock.

So perhaps that explanation is why so many companies are out of thread? Just a thought.
Interesting. I think this is the reason some of their fabrics have been out of stock as well.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:59 AM

Thank you for sharing that information, I was wondering what the deal was because I understand being out a little bit but when I saw the 4-22 I didn't know why it was going to be so long before I could buy them.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:24 PM

Pumpkin Vine Corner carries Aurifil thread and has a great selection, and I've been very happy with the service.

http://pumpkinvinecorner.com/