Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: from the heart of a newbie

I was also 70 when I began quilting (that was 2 years ago). I too find it helps to slow down and enjoy the process. No big rush. We did that all our lives when we worked and had children at home. Now it's time to slow down and enjoy each process of making the quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by crzypatcher View Post
    Welcome from the So Cal desert!! I began quilting just 2 years ago after I lost my husband to pancreatic cancer. It has become my life preserver and just about every one I make is donated to our local hospice program. I enjoy every part of the process and have a hard time even doing strip sets, I tend to be a block by block kinda gal! I figure its better to slow down and feel the fabric!
    Sorry for your loss, glad you have a great hobby. Isn't hospice a wonderful organization? They have helped me in the past too.

Thanks to all who have responded, I've really enjoyed your comments. I LOVE this board, read it daily.

Viv

vhored620, I am a newbie as well. I don't rush it! I just want to enjoy the experience and make what pleases me. I may give things to friends and family but they know that I did everything with love and good intentions. I made oven mitts and pot holders my first year, I look back now and they look terrible; but they hang proudly in the kitchens of the people I gave them too. I know that is a sign they love and appreciate me. Do what pleases you and enjoy every expericence, is my motto.

Welcome from Wisconsin! I'm a Rookie in my 60's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3