Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello (EVERYONE NEW QUILTER Here with a ?) Thanks.

Welcome I am also a newbie. Made my first table topper bought a kit no problem. Then got over confident started a queen size didn't think about the bias edgesof the block. Wow what an duca

Welcome I am also a newbie. Made my first table topper bought a kit no problem. Then got over confident started a queen size didn't think about the bias edges of the block. Wow what an education. Ready to do binding.
    hope everything works. Also girls found out some libraries will let you use their rooms with the large tables. So much easier to handle for sandwiching the quilt.

I would consider looking at the quilt in a day books.These were the first books i bought and they have many that are listed as easy.The instructions are very clear and very detailed and every book was taught to7 or 8 classes of quilters.So they will even stop you from proceeding and omitting a step because people in the class wanted too also.I find myself using their techniques to this day and I am no longer a beginner.I am self taught from the Quilt in a Day books and one of my early quilts was Nana's garden quilt from this series. What is also neat about thesebooks is they give instructions on various sizes and planed colors or scrappy quilts.

quilt university is an online source for lots of classes. Prices seem reasonable. Here is the URL to Quilt Univ. home page:
    http://www.quiltuniversity.com/

My first quilt that I made I used the Turning Twenty pattern. It worked really well for me and gave me the confidence to tackle something bigger the second time.

Blog Entries
    welcome and just know in advance you'll be a fabriholic like the rest of us :)

Welcome from San Gabriel, California

You should look for Eleanor Burns quilt patterns. She used to be a kindergarten teacher. And yes, she puts out learn to quilt books, that are filled with lots of pics, and step by step instructions, that are easy, even for kindergarten beginners !!!!! From Auntie B in Saskatchewan, Canada.

Try Eleanor Burns'book Quilt in a Day log Cabin. I love her books, they are great for beginners. You will be hooked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2