Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Blog Entries
    This is my first post, hope I do it right! First I'd like to thank everyone who posts on this board. I have been lurking for 3 months now and finally got up the nerve to post. You have all filled my evenings with joy and purpose. My son passed away in June and the evenings are very long. I watch my two granddaughters during the day while their mom teaches first grade. I haven't quilted since the 90's, decided it was time to clean out a room in this big farm house and begin again. I spent the weekend, pulled out old faithful and set up my cutting table. Whipped up a tablerunner and did a cheater quilt for my 5 yr. old grandson (cowboys). Now I am working on a "window quilt". I have an old barn window that I wire brushed, will tongue oil it soon. It has 6 panes of glass and I'm trying to decide what block to do. I don't want anything diffcult as my skills are rusty! The panes are 7 5/8 x 11 5/8. The grills in between the panes are 5/8. I did one of these in the 80's for my SIL I think I did the Ohio Star, but can't swear to it. Would anyone be willing to share their thought on a block? I join the blocks with sashing so it looks like a quilt in a window. Thanks again, I look forward to talking with you all.

Tulip

Welcome from Ireland.

Hello and welcome from Ontario. Your project sounds very interesting, be sure to post pictures.

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!

So sorry to hear of the loss of your Son!

Blog Entries
    How about a sampler to sharpen you skills? Whatever it will be wonderful. Can't wait to see the finished project!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Ks. Sorry to hear about your son.

Blog Entries
    Hi Tulip -- Welcome from Minnesota!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Tulip!! Sounds like you have some very creative ideas!!

Welcome from Canada! :)

Blog Entries
    Hello and Welcome to the board :D:D:D
    I love the idea for your quilt, can't wait to see it!

Welcome from New York state! I so sorry about your son!

I am so sorry for your loss. I think that it is great that you have decided to quilt again, it will keep you busy during the evenings when your little grand daughters have gone home. Now you can sew and quilt at night and look forward to your grand daughters visits during the day.
    There are so many nice people on this site, always willing to listen and help.

Welcome from northern NY. Maybe your quilting is a little rusty but there's nothing wrong with your memory. Take your time and get back to something that you obviously enjoy doing. It will all come back to you, it's like riding a bike, you never quite forget how. Enjoy and God bless you from all of us.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Colorado. Glad to have you.
    your panes of glass are sort of rectangle so maybe some tree blocks?? or some flowers with stems and leaves.

Welcome from Ohio! I am sorry for your loss. Your idea for a quilt sounds great. Please share pictures as you progress.

Welcome from East Tennessee ... sounds like a great project to get back into quilting ... do the easier blocks so you won't get overwhelmed ... can't wait to see the finished project.

Hi, sorry about the reason you found us, but so glad we can be a help in some way.
    I am trying to get a visual of the window thingy...it sounds so interesting.
    You may consider yourself 'rusty', but i bet you'll shine up like a new penny. You sound like your very talented. can't wait to see some of your projects.
    It only took you three months to "come out"? I've heard of ppl lurking for a year. Not sure why, lol. We are a real friendly group!
    Welcome!
    If you like gabbing, check out our PDA section. People's doors are wide open to anyone that wants to visit and you can make some very good friend there.
    Of course all sections of the board are awesome, but us PDA-ers, refer to each other as neighbors and visit each other a lot.
    It's fun and it's like having coffee or in my case, milk...and chatting up all about home, family and quilts and more quilts! :-D

Welcome Tulip, from Western Washington state! I think a sampler is a great idea, because you only have to make one block of each and if you don't like one, you never have to make another!

Welcome to the board,So happy you decided to go back to quilting, and I bet it well help you at this sad time in your life, I'm so sorry to hear of your lose. Your quilting project sounds so intriguing , please share your progress with us as you go along. :D

Welcome from the Big Apple. This will give you support, company, and a few laughs. I'm happy you are quilting again.

Gday and welcome to the QB. Sorry to hear about your loss I hope being here helps you fill in the time. Can't wait to see your pics, please post them and share your talents with us. :)

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Welcome from BLuff Dale, Texas
    Attached Images Attached Images

community benefactor
    Welcome from sunny adelaide. Would love to see some pictures when finished. Sorry to hear about your son. :)

Hello and welcome from Germany - I am really sorry for your loss.

Hi from TN. I too am rusty but am taking another shot at quilting. I am sorry to hear about your son. I have two and 2 daughters and would hate to lose either one of the 4.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast