Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hello my name is Michael and I'm a Fabric Hoarder >
  • Hello my name is Michael and I'm a Fabric Hoarder

• Hello my name is Michael and I'm a Fabric Hoarder

Old 04-15-2011, 10:47 AM

Any time I want to feel better about my fabric stash, I look for an episode of "Extreme Hoarding" on T.V. After seeing people that have so much stuff crammed in their house that they have to live in their car or truck, I don't feel so bad. See, it's all a matter of perspective. :-)
    Old 04-15-2011, 10:52 AM

Hi, Michael! Welcome to the club!
    Old 04-15-2011, 10:59 AM

OBVIOUSLY you think this is some sort of support group...LOL
    Old 04-15-2011, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by amma
    Fabric prices continue to climb, so I am "investing" in my quilting future :wink:
    As long as I pay my bills and can comfortably afford to buy fabric I don't feel the least bit guilty in adding to my "investment" :D:D:D
    Right in line behind you (with arms loaded), Amma.
    Old 04-15-2011, 11:11 AM

Gosh, it sounds like a lot of us have the same disease. An additional problem I have is a lot of my fabric is so beautiful to me that I don't want to use it, or cut into it. It's like I'll never find any more!
    Old 04-15-2011, 11:20 AM

Yes, those darn emails. I think I will blame them. If they did not show up at the end of the day (when I get home from work andcheck my email) when I am the most at risk (all tired and hungry) I would be much better.
    Yes, let's blame them!!!
    Old 04-15-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by doris.meek13088
    I understand and feel your pain!! I found out two days ago that my daughter's god parents will be coming to Montana in about 3 weeks to watch her march in her University graduation. I started finding places to stash all of the plastic tubs that I have in the downstairs guest closet so that they do not find out the "little" secret. My husband will find out when he goes down to help me make sure everything is in order for their arrival but I think he knows about it already.
    I just see fabric & think I may never find it again so I had better get at least 1/2 yard (usually more like a full yard).
    Do you know of any quilters anonymous meetings or should I just start one in my area?
    I don't think the anonymous 12 step program would work for us. We'd never get past step one. For instance, I would get up and say "My name is Lynda and I'm a fabriholic. I have tons of fabric and I keep buying more. I want to stop, but "The Quilt Shoppe" has a great sale on and..." At this point there would be a stampede to get out of the room and get to the cars and head for "The Quilt Shoppe."

Stay with us, we'll enable you every chance we get!
    Old 04-15-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by lyndaloo
    Originally Posted by doris.meek13088
    I understand and feel your pain!! I found out two days ago that my daughter's god parents will be coming to Montana in about 3 weeks to watch her march in her University graduation. I started finding places to stash all of the plastic tubs that I have in the downstairs guest closet so that they do not find out the "little" secret. My husband will find out when he goes down to help me make sure everything is in order for their arrival but I think he knows about it already.
    I just see fabric & think I may never find it again so I had better get at least 1/2 yard (usually more like a full yard).
    Do you know of any quilters anonymous meetings or should I just start one in my area?
    I don't think the anonymous 12 step program would work for us. We'd never get past step one. For instance, I would get up and say "My name is Lynda and I'm a fabriholic. I have tons of fabric and I keep buying more. I want to stop, but "The Quilt Shoppe" has a great sale on and..." At this point there would be a stampede to get out of the room and get to the cars and head for "The Quilt Shoppe."

Stay with us, we'll enable you every chance we get!
    And the bad part would be?
    Old 04-15-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by miholmes
    P.S. I forgot to mention I found 3 kits in the little secret cubby in the trunk of my RAV4......THREE.....I was too ashamed to bring them in the house. :P
    :lol: :lol: :lol: I am SO glad to know that you do this too!!!
    Old 04-15-2011, 11:47 AM

The fabric companies are enabling us by bringing out new fabrics every month then limiting the stock so we have to snatch it right up. Seriously, I have pre-ordered fabric that will not be delivered until July - There is always a new print or design and those jelly rolls and fat quarter bundles just call to me. Sigh.... I can't help it - I am a fabric addict....:)