Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help in Columbus Ohio >

Help in Columbus Ohio

Help in Columbus Ohio

Old 10-03-2011, 01:53 PM

I am working in Columbus and need my sewing machine repaired/adjusted. Any of you have a good repair shop to recommend? Also, any quilt shops I should not miss while here in your area?
Old 10-03-2011, 02:09 PM

I don't know that much about Columbus, but if you want to head west to Springfield, a), you'll come across 3 big antique malls and off of Rt 72 in Springfield, you'll find the best stores for flannels. They do have other fabrics, but still the best selection in flannels

http://www.creativefires.net/

Depending on where you're at in Columbus, it's less than an hour's drive.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:17 PM

Try Northland sewing hes great gone there for 20 plus years.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:21 PM

also give always in stitches a try shes going to close so he is having a clearence sale.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:49 PM

Thanks. Don't know what the problem is with my machine but it just races. It has been on the road with me for a while so probably got bumped or something. Wanted to sew yesterday but couldn't get it to work. I will check out the antique malls this weekend. And didyou say "close out sale"? I'm on my way tomorrow after work.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:04 PM

yeap also there are discounted fabric places near Jackson called guhl's they only accept cash and checks. Have you gone to Fabric Shack? Also I go to Amish county in Berlin they have Zinks , Millers dry goods several other shops. Zinks is a must!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:09 PM

I will see how many I can get to. I am here 2 more weeks and then on to another location. Love being able to see new shops especially when they are discount type or some kind of specialty shop.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:11 PM

Don't go to Northland. The guy is having family problems and another quilter on the board has been having trouble getting her machine back. Depending on the machine there are other places to have something repaired. He is the only certified Viking repairman in the area and apparently he can't go to work most of the time.

I saw where Always in Stitches took on some new partners and they're not going to close. Check out their website for details.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:38 PM

Quilt Beginnings on East Broad just outside Bexley or Sawmill Rd in Dublin. I believe they also have a repair service. Nice shops and really friendly helpful people! The Glass thimble on North High St in the Clintonville/Worthington area is very nice too. Then there is Quilt Trends on Huntley Rd up near the Budweiser brewery. Always in Stitches in Grove City is going out of business, so probably some good sales (shame, nice shop). A little further out of town..Calico Cupboard in Pataskala..east of the city straight out Broad. Our local shop hop is called Quilt Spree (I think!) or google Central Ohio Shop Hop. That should give you addresses and directions as well as hours. It includes 10 shops this year, so there are more I forgot to mention. We are lucky here, there are many nice shops. Enjoy yourself :-D

Oh I almost forgot..The Fabric Shack is about 2 hrs away towards Cincinati (fabricshack.com) HUGE.

Geez..now I see in the post directly above that Always in Stitches isn't closing....yipee..I'll have to check their site!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:43 PM

My mom swears by sew n save in Westerville. I think it is on route 3 just off 270. She has bought 4 machines there
and loves them.. she said alot of times Susan can fix your machine without calling the repairman.