Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help Get Quilt shows back on TV >

Help Get Quilt shows back on TV

Help Get Quilt shows back on TV

Old 07-30-2011, 05:40 AM

That's were I posted too but I selected "encountered technical difficulties". Figured someone would open that.

Originally Posted by alleyoop1
I agree with you. I sent the comment below to HGTV and I have asked my quilting friends to contact them too.

The link to send HGTV a comment is: http://www.hgtv.com/contact-us/package/index.html

Also note you are required to select a category for what your comment is regarding and there is nothing about sewing or quilting to choose from. I chose message board.

Here is what I wrote:

I would like to suggest your bring back quilting shows to your network. I have watched repairs to every possible thing in a home, decorating for every room in a home in every possible style. I have watched people select their first home, sell their first home, find another home till I'll over it!

Quilting is an American tradition that makes for beautiful home decor. It is an art form that is simple or elaborate or elegant. It is something that many, many men and women across our country engage in. We, the quilting community, would love to have a program like Simply Quilts back on HGTV and we hope you consider adding this to your line up.

Thanks.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:40 AM

certainly will - I miss all the quilt show, Create TV had 1 Sat of nothing but quilt shows, got my hopes up that it would be weekly - wrong - just the 1 day
Old 07-30-2011, 05:45 AM

Below is the response that I just received back from HGTV

"Hello and thank you for sending us your email with the subject:

Encountered a Technical Problem

We also appreciate your taking the time to write to us. Allow us to explain how your email submission is handled and what to expect.

If you selected Website Suggestion, Programming Suggestion or General Comment from our web form, your email has been automatically routed to the inbox of our Programming and Website teams based on the topic you selected. This is our note, on their behalf, to say THANKS! for sharing your feedback with us. While additional emails will not be forthcoming from us regarding your suggestions and comments, your feedback plays an integral part in the planning of future web site projects and programming events.

If you selected Website Question or Programming Question from our web form, your email has been routed to our Customer Relations group to research a response. Customer Relations will assist with your specific programming and web site questions as quickly as possible. Additionally, feel free to visit our HGTV Message Boards and post your question on the "Talk to HGTV" board where our resident community gal Abby can assist you as well.

In closing, thank you again for your interest in HGTV and for visiting HGTV.com. We hope to also see you on the HGTV Facebook page with our other fans who are talking about HGTV shows, hosts, sweepstakes and much more.

Have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

HGTV Viewer Relations"
Old 07-30-2011, 05:51 AM

DONE!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:04 AM

will do - I miss Alex Anderson
Old 07-30-2011, 06:08 AM

I am there I want these shows back too.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:09 AM

Today is the 30th and I just got the quilting forum letter request - Done...
Old 07-30-2011, 06:16 AM

Gonna do right now. Thanks. BTW, I grew up in Mountville and have relatives in Wrightsville. You're the first posting that I have seen so close to my hometown. No place on earth like home.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:20 AM

All done. Thanks for the prompting. I checked off "Sleep on it" for what it was in regard to. I don't even know what kind of program it is, but nothing really fits. I hope all our responses aren't watered down under so many different headings.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:25 AM

I will do this. Only quilting arts is one here in Texas on saturday mornings and it really is not a quilt show like HGTV had on before.