Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help! I Singed!!! >

Help! I Singed!!!

Help! I Singed!!!

Old 10-11-2010, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
....and if all else fails - applique something pretty over the top.
That would be my suggestion also.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:57 AM

it`s amazing our world isnow filles with chemicals that my Mom and Dad did just fine without,, that goes for medications also. I`mm 55 so I`m talking about the late 40`s to around the 70`s whenit seems like there were more choices of cleaning products etc. When I have a bad headache and I just want some generic,Tylenol( I said Tylenol because I cant remember how to spell the other one),, There are so many different types,,, YIKES I sound grummpy this Monday Columbus Day. What are we celebrating today? Any history buffs?
Tomorrow is my 25th anniversary,, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Old 10-11-2010, 04:58 AM

plus my type stinks,, can any one make sense of what i just said,, Guess I`ll take my meds like one poster suggested :):)
Old 10-11-2010, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by rosiew55
it`s amazing our world isnow filles with chemicals that my Mom and Dad did just fine without,, that goes for medications also. I`mm 55 so I`m talking about the late 40`s to around the 70`s whenit seems like there were more choices of cleaning products etc. When I have a bad headache and I just want some generic,Tylenol( I said Tylenol because I cant remember how to spell the other one),, There are so many different types,,, YIKES I sound grummpy this Monday Columbus Day. What are we celebrating today? Any history buffs?
Tomorrow is my 25th anniversary,, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Happy Anniversary. Hope you do something special!
Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 AM

Thanks so much!! I`ll be having a spinal injection for pain! Didn`t pay attention to the scheduling!!:) Oh well ,Life is good. You are so kind, I hope you have agreat day! rosie
Old 10-11-2010, 05:32 PM

Rinse out that peroxide really well so the fabric doesn't weaken.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:36 PM

Thanks for the info! Never knew that!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
OMG :shock: The peroxide worked! I could hardly believe my eyes! I poured some of it a cup and sotched the pieces with a paper towel. The singes came right out when I ironed it. And the peroxide had an expiration date of 9/09!
Peroxide, H2O2, breaks down into simple water and oxygen gas when it gets exposed to air or sits around too long. Your peroxide might have been outdated, but it was probably tightly sealed and still active. But, even if it's old, you can see that it wouldn't harm your fabric once it is watery, it just wouldn't do the job of bleaching or killing germs any more.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:42 AM

You are very smart. Are you a scientist? Good info.
Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter
Originally Posted by bjnicholson
OMG :shock: The peroxide worked! I could hardly believe my eyes! I poured some of it a cup and sotched the pieces with a paper towel. The singes came right out when I ironed it. And the peroxide had an expiration date of 9/09!
Peroxide, H2O2, breaks down into simple water and oxygen gas when it gets exposed to air or sits around too long. Your peroxide might have been outdated, but it was probably tightly sealed and still active. But, even if it's old, you can see that it wouldn't harm your fabric once it is watery, it just wouldn't do the job of bleaching or killing germs any more.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:44 AM

I was sure the peroxide would work when some suggested it. I use it all the time on my light colored carpet to remove stains. Works great and it is cheap. I pour it on, place a clean light color towel on top and then weight on top. Every now and then switch the towel to a new section, you should see the stains, especially red juice, coming up in the towel.