Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help--Info Needed

I am thinking about buying this item from a women that just put it up for sale.I know NOTHING about this Machine and Frame......price is 700.00.....

here is the ad....I am talking to her about it.....

I have for sale a Bailey's Home Quilter with a 13" throat and a Grace Pro birch wood frame that will quilt up to a queen size. Both are in excellent condition. I am only selling due to the fact I recently bought a larger machine and frame.Can supply photos if interested.

She is selling the machine and frame, which is very nice as start up until you are ready for a long arm. You can't go whrong with this price, especially if she says it is in excellent condition :-)

Thanks for your input.......

Blog Entries
    Great deal! You will love the service on the Bailey and it's a good fram.

I am getting it today............Husband will be surprised...........I guess i need to take a class........

That is a good deal, and you will love it.:)

Nice machine and nice price! Congratulations.

Wow, awesome deal! Machine alone is worth more than 700. I love my Bailey, it's an easy no frills machine. Congrats!

Blog Entries
    i saw one poster say that she did a king with a 13" Bailey

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Have Fun. Show us some pictures. BrendaK

Blog Entries
    any chance of a visit...and test drive?
    if i were to put out that kind of money i would sure like to have tried it out and know it's what i expect it to be...i've read so many sad stories about quilters putting out a huge amount of $$ only to be very frustrated and (dis-illusioned)then they spend months trying to *un-load* the purchase they are unhappy with.
    check it out before paying.

The lady that is selling me the machine and frame are driving from Va to NC to bring it to me.It is a 2 hr drive for them.They are setting it up and operating it to show me it works.also no extra charge.I dont think i can go wrong with this deal.........I live in NC and dont know why i am always in hiding.My son is showing up to be here when they come due to being craigslist.............

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSIENC
    The lady that is selling me the machine and frame are driving from Va to NC to bring it to me.It is a 2 hr drive for them.They are setting it up and operating it to show me it works.also no extra charge.I dont think i can go wrong with this deal.........I live in NC and dont know why i am always in hiding.My son is showing up to be here when they come due to being craigslist.............
    Wow, now it's an even BETTER deal!

Your location shows "in hiding" because you haven't entered a location in your profile. If you go to the top of the page and click "My Profile", you will be able to change that.

If she's willing to deliver and set it up, you can't go wrong. It sounds like a dream deal.

Blog Entries
    Ohhh! You're going to love it!! Just plan on there being a learning curve. It takes several months for most people to get used to doing things a new way and to get proficient and comfortable with it. I LOVE my Bailey!!

Lucky you.

Wow! That is soooo good.. Show us pics!

Congrats on your new machine and frame, I think you're gonna love it. If you have any questions theres a yahoo group that can help you out. I belong even though I dont have my machine yet supposed to get it some time this week. You can also call chuck his number is on the Baileys sewing website. Wonderful customer service.

Blog Entries
    Ohhhh that is a great deal! Baileys service is fantastic, even if you didn't buy it from him. Great support group on the Baileys Board also. I love my Baileys too :-)

Blog Entries
    My mom has one and it is perfect to learn the basics on. I just stippling for the first time and it looks great; although, she has a stitch regulator on it.

Does anyone on the average know how much quilting room there is on a short arm machine and frame? My husband bought me one several years ago. I was so excited about getting it I didn't notice there was only 3 1/2" of room to quilt. I was so disappointed I haven't even finished the practice piece I started on it. Thanks for your imput.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joycet
    Does anyone on the average know how much quilting room there is on a short arm machine and frame? My husband bought me one several years ago. I was so excited about getting it I didn't notice there was only 3 1/2" of room to quilt. I was so disappointed I haven't even finished the practice piece I started on it. Thanks for your imput.
    I have what is considered a mid-arm, I have 6.5 inches of quilting space. It's fine for free motion, most pantos, and small blocks, but if I have a quilt with larger blocks that I don't want to FMQ, then I have to send it out or barter with my quilty friends.

you can always unpin it, reverse it, repin it and complete it away from you. it's a very decent start-up size and with the extra effort, can be used forever if it's wide enough. the price is certainly right.

btw, this sounds like a dealer, but i don't know if it matters. ask them what happens if you run into problems once they're not there. can they help you with some kind of support? also, where is your nearest repair place? what if you don't like it once you try it? to give you 7 hours of their time (driving, lessons and set-up) and then have you say no won't make them happy. as a second owner, do you get tech-service from the manufacturer?
    i know it's exciting, but be cynical.

EDIT: i had a brother SL1600 with a 9" throat. when i got to the bottom of a queen, i had a very tight 5" for quilting. you'll have more, obviously. but maybe not more than 6.5" , as was said. i ended up turning it and reversing the quilting as i explained. or you can do quilts sideways. or both.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by SUSIENC

I think hyou made a real deal. Too bad they won't come to Florida and do the same. But, then I would have to disassemble my sewing room or take away the second bedroom..... Just not enough room. Have fun with your new toy.... you won't be sorry!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast