Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with the Janome 6600, tension >

Help with the Janome 6600, tension

Help with the Janome 6600, tension

Old 02-09-2010, 09:05 AM

good job!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
THANK YOU ALL for your replies. I think I have it back working properly now :) I'm not sure what the exact problem was, I just unthreaded everything and started all over and it seems to be correct now.

And, I promise, I won't twist any more knobs :)
I always tell my students if they are having problems with tension and nothing has changed such as fabric or thread (you are having problems in the middle of a project) to

1st. Take all your thread out top and bottom and rethread your machine. Try it and see if this solves the problem.

2nd. Change to a new needle. I also use the Schwertz.

3rd. IT IS NOT THE TENSION DIAL IF THERE ARE NO OTHER CHANGES; IT IS SOMETHING ELSE!!!

I am glad you solved your problem and are back to sewing. I have very little problems with my machine but yesterday it started skipping stitches. I rethreaded top and bottom. Did't help. I changed the needle; didn't help. so I

4th. Take the bobbin case out of your machine. Clean out all the dust and crap from the area. Place a drop of oil on that little dot at the bottom of the bottom case.

This solved my problem. I assume there was a thread somewhere. It nows works like a dream.

Barb
Old 02-11-2010, 09:20 AM

If your problem comes back, take it to the tech to check the timing. Are you putting a drop of oil in the bobbin area when you clean your machine? This will help.

I use a piece of unwaxed dental TAPE to clean my tension disks. I use about a 24 inch piece, tie knots in it every 2 to 3 inches and floss it back and forth in the tension disks to dislodge any gunk that may be built up.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by crashnquilt
If your problem comes back, take it to the tech to check the timing. Are you putting a drop of oil in the bobbin area when you clean your machine? This will help.

I use a piece of unwaxed dental TAPE to clean my tension disks. I use about a 24 inch piece, tie knots in it every 2 to 3 inches and floss it back and forth in the tension disks to dislodge any gunk that may be built up.
I really like the idea of the dental floss with knots. Thanks.

Barb