Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help me quick!!! >

Help me quick!!!

Help me quick!!!

Old 03-06-2011, 04:36 AM

If nothing works, your idea for giving her the quilt with a note seems like the best idea.....
please let us all know how everything words out for you.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:07 AM

I am in agreement with give the quilt with a note. You have already done the most part of the work and a new back will make a new quilt that is stainless. You have my most sincere sympathy.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:18 AM

julier love your avitar
Old 03-06-2011, 05:53 AM

N
Originally Posted by ljfox
I am soaking it with Oxyclean right now. If that doesn't work I am going to try the peroxide. Do I use it straight and dab it on the stain or dilute it?
Not peroxide, it is a bleach.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:55 AM

I feel your frustration. When this happened to me on a baby quilt I added a new back. I put a very soft fabric on the back and sewed all sides and turned it inside out. It ends up like two blankets sewn together. You don't see the quilting from the back only the front. The baby loved it because as she got older she could scrunch it up with the loose fabic. In fact I have made several this way since then. Just another option other than trying to get it out. good luck
Old 03-06-2011, 05:56 AM

Here's a little story similar to the spilled Coke but has nothing to do with quilting. We were having a baby shower for my niece (my Godchild) and I had seen this beautiful crib cake. It was large enough for the guests and rather expensive. On the way to my sister-in-law's the day before the shower, I held the cake on my lap so it wouldn't fall or anything. My husband got into a car accident, and the cake was everywhere. Luckily, my niece knew the owner of a very good bake shop in the area and took it there. He was able to selvage it but it never looked like what it was before the crash.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:01 AM

if nothing else works and you are to the point of making a new quilt, try Tide with bleach.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:11 AM

I have found Shout's Advanced Stain very, very effective for stubborn stains. Worth a try. Also, I keep a mixture of Shout & Clorox 2 in a squeeze bottle by my laundry sink. That combo is extremely effective in getting out set in stains, too. Good luck. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:31 AM

i GOT THIS RIGHT OFF THE COCA-COLA WEBSITE:

We know you must be very disappointed with the situation. As with other beverages and food products, some ingredients have the potential to stain certain types of materials and fabrics.For this reason, we cannot guarantee or be responsible for the result of any stain removal method; however, you are welcome to try the following:

Take a spoonful of mild detergent and add it to a pint of water

Shake the contents until dissolved

Dip a white cloth into the solution, just dampening the cloth

Gently rub the cloth on the spot in a circular motion, not changing the direction of the motion

Repeat process

After most of the stain is lifted, cover spot with a clean, dry, white cloth

Place a heavy object on top of the cloth and leave overnight.

If this does not remove the stain completely, we would suggest contacting a professional cleaning company or the manufacturer of the stained item. They may have other suggestions or be able to professionally remove it for you.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

HI ljfox, Well, we are all curious! Did the stain come out? What did you decide to do? A note? A call to a divorce atty?