Old 06-18-2011, 10:12 AM

A quilt would be nice but invite him for dinner. :D
Old 06-18-2011, 10:17 AM

Bachelor's Puzzle

http://www.quilterscache.com/B/Bache...zzleBlock.html
Attached Thumbnails attachment-213356.gif  
Old 06-18-2011, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by KSCrafter
I'm buying a house and hired a carpenter to do some remodeling on an old shed so I can turn it into my quilting area. He's a super-sweet guy and the girls at work were encouraging me to get to know him better, so I've spent a little time each day talking with him. Then, I took a whole day off work and spent time working at the site with him- now I've got quite the crush!

He came to my office today to bring the bill. He ended up doing TONS more work than we had originally discussed for WAY less money. I negiotiated at least making him some lasagna and a cherry pie (he's a bachelor and mentioned believing in 'the way to a man's heart is through his stomach'!) but I would also like to make him a quilt.

My question is... do any of you have a suggestion for a pattern? I thought about doing something neat and classic like a Carpenter's Wheel, but I also love to paper-piece and considered doing blocks with tools. (Is that too silly?) I just don't know and would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
That is so cool.

His Mom is a Quilter. He liked fixing your shed. He charged you less. He is a bachelor. He likes the food and let you know it is the way to a man's heart.

I agree. He was sent right to your door. Make the Carpenters Wheel ;)
Old 06-18-2011, 11:20 AM

I haven't read all the suggestions, but why not make a carpenter's star pattern? It's a beautiful pattern, and you could use the "fix-it" fabric, or something similar. Just a suggestion...
Old 06-18-2011, 11:27 AM

I hope this all works out - he sounds like a very decent guy - someone sent that particular carpenter your way. You may want to keep it whimsical if he hasnt asked you out yet lol

Heres some fabrics that I happen to find in my stash pm me if you are interested There are 30 6 1/2" unfinished squares and two pieces of fabric one is 29" the other is 21" Would take 12.00 plus postage for all of it if you want to give it a try thanks cheryl :thumbup:
Old 06-18-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by donnalynett
While you are working on the quilt, give him gift certificates for a homemade pie a month, etc....
This is a smart woman who knows how to get her man!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:53 PM

Sounds like you don't have to do much to win his heart - he sounds smitten already. But I agree, this early on, I'd go with a wallhanging rather than a quilt. Guys scare easy!
Old 06-18-2011, 01:02 PM

I have known my 'crush' for about 3 years...and just found out it is mutual from him .. Is your 'crush' the kind that takes your breath away when you see him...cuz that is my 'crush'... I forget to speak words, LOL!!

I think the quilt is a great idea... just take a while to make it to see how it goes...

I was just looking for 'Notre Dame' fabric to make him a quilt for Xmas... can't seem to find any in cotton just fleece...Good Luck!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:12 PM

A quilting board love story. I can't wait to hear how this goes. I hope you keep us update. I am praying that you win this carpenters heart. I also thought that a Carpenters Star would be perfect.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

MTS: Sorry, but I did mean Square. Carpenters Square is a very old pattern, probably out of style and with todays rotary cutting it is a perfect match because it can be strip pieced by modern terms. It is a beautiful quilt and looks very complicated but is not! When I finish mine I will post for all to see 'cause I think it is little known. Does anyone else know of this pattern and what do you think of it?

I posted earlier where I found the pattern: BH&G book Quilting Pieces of the past.
Whatever is chosen I think it will be a well recieved gift!
peace :D :D

I looked at your 2nd post about CS and the pattern I am using is on pg 3 of that sight! Thanks for the research!