Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help!  My sewing machine stopped working!! >

Help! My sewing machine stopped working!!

Help! My sewing machine stopped working!!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 AM

Thanks to everyone for the ideas! I'm back up and running thanks to the plug ideas...yahoo!!!!

I'd tried plugging other items into the outlet, and they worked fine. So I knew the problem was with the sewing machine or the cord. Suspicion being on the plug, since when I jiggled the plug end the sewing machine would come back on. The plug apparently died after awhile, and the machine now wouldn't turn on at all.

I didn't realize that plugs could just die like that.

I finally talked my spouse into looking at it. He replaced the plug, and I'm off and sewing again.

A cheap spare is a good idea....hadn't given that a thought before now.

I did go to Joann's and start browsing new sewing machines. Holy buckets! Talk about costly!
I don't need anything that fancy. I'm happy if it's electric, has a few stitches on it, and it buttonholes. :-)

For that kind of money, I feel that I need to do a lot of research...to be sure that I'm getting exactly what I want...cuz this will be a once in a lifetime purchase that won't be happening again anytime soon. The problem being that I don't have the time to do the research right now, I need to get the granddaughter's quilt done by her birthday in April. And I have a violin recital in March that I'm practicing for. No time for sewing machine research.

It's probably one of those deals where I'll eventually buy the more spendy machine and then kick myself that I didn't do it years ago.

Thanks again for the help you guys!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 PM

It's good you're back in business and an easy fix, too.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:29 AM

I concur it sounds like a plug problem. A small appliance place, or a manual on how to repair it, should be able you fix you up. Maybe there's an online video? If you take it to sewing machine repair place you now what their going to do......talk you into buying another machine.