Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help! Need ideas! on how to Quilt this Paperpieced Top >

Help! Need ideas! on how to Quilt this Paperpieced Top

Help! Need ideas! on how to Quilt this Paperpieced Top

Old 05-24-2010, 03:41 PM
cka

I have another thought to add. Be cautious of the batting you choose. Make sure you know the quilting coverage it requires meets with the design you've chosen.

I just keep looking at the design and beauty of your quilt and continue to be wowed!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 PM

Absolutely beautiful, gorgeous, fantastic quilt!!! I like a lot of the ideas on quilting. Just take your time & I'm sure you'll figure out a great way to quilt it. If it doesn't make it into this years show...that's ok. Great job!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by cka
I have another thought to add. Be cautious of the batting you choose. Make sure you know the quilting coverage it requires meets with the design you've chosen.

I just keep looking at the design and beauty of your quilt and continue to be wowed!
Thank you for the comments.
Which batting would you recommend? I use a lot of the 80/20 and just tried the 50/50 on a project warmth quilt.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:47 PM

I think I would go with trapunto also, and maybe feathers and dense background filler to accentuate the points and feathers. IT is absolutely gorgeous. You must be very proud.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:47 PM

I also agree with the trapunto and feathers. Your quilt, your choice. Let it speak to you and with that kind of talent whatever you see in your mind will work beautifully.
Great Job!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:11 PM

This may be crazy but I have been thinking of how you could come up with the best design for your quilting because this quilt deserves to win. Why couldn't you copy parts of the quilt on a scanner and scan it in black and white and then copy that on to plain fabric and it would give you the design and the values and you could practice on this fabric until you come up with the best design for each area and then tackle the quilt. Just a crazy idea.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:20 PM

Very beutiful, I'm sure what ever you decide to do for the quiltingwill be great. I hope you win
Old 05-25-2010, 09:28 PM

WOW! Simply stunning!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by martha jo
This may be crazy but I have been thinking of how you could come up with the best design for your quilting because this quilt deserves to win. Why couldn't you copy parts of the quilt on a scanner and scan it in black and white and then copy that on to plain fabric and it would give you the design and the values and you could practice on this fabric until you come up with the best design for each area and then tackle the quilt. Just a crazy idea.

Great idea, I will have to try it.
Thanks, Judy
Old 05-26-2010, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by martha jo
Not crazy at all, but I was thinking about a product at the quilt store (and, I am sorry - - I do not remember the name) ... it was lightly adhesive. The theory was - - cut out the shape you want to echo quilt around. When you are done doing the echo quilting, you can pick your "picture" up and place it on another place on the quilt and repeat the whole process.
Don't know if I have helped or confused, but you are going to do a great job! <wave>