Help, please! >

Help, please!

Help, please!

Old 02-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

Yellow Brick Road is a fast pattern.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
re: hidden well pattern....like the way it looks, but directions did not say how many strips to cut to make whatever size quilt one wants......or did I not read right--

For a 12" block, plan your strips to assemble to a 9.5" width. For a larger 18" block, make your strips add up to 14". For interest, cut strips to varying widths, making some two or three inches wide and others only 1.5 inches wide.

Basically anything goes as long as they add up to either 9.5" or 14" a great way to use up small amounts of fabric. Hope this helps
Old 02-13-2012, 01:09 AM

The Hidden Wells looks great. Have bookmarked it. Many thanks.

Annie
Old 02-13-2012, 03:57 AM

I made two quilts for two different raffles. We sold tickets for $5.00 each or five for $20.00. The last quilt made over $2,000. One of them was Patience Corners (Quilter's Cache) and the other was a sampler. It was a lot of fun to make. Another easy one is Floating Stars (Quilter's Cache). Good luck, enjoy, and write a book to go with it to give it provenance......headlines, weather, sports, little stories from the neighborhood, your feelings on things, what your block represents (quilt), a few recipes and a little saying at the end of each page, like "Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail", or "A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water." Just a suggestion. Good luck with the quilt, and enjoy making it. It gives a body such a good, good feeling. Edie
Old 02-13-2012, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by woody View Post
I really love Hidden Wells as a quick but interesting pattern, I just did stitch in the ditch on mine and it looked fine.
http://www.reddawn.net/quilt/hwells.htm
The hidden wells patern looks so interesting, I'm going to have to do that some day!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:37 AM

I have found this thread interesting to read. I just completed a breast cancer awareness lap quilt for a Rally that was held last Saturday. It was a silent auction lasting 3 hours. It brought $160. This was my first donation quilt for an event like this and overall - I was pleased since there were less than 100 people there. I used the Warm Wishes pattern and it turned out well for a quick quilt.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:37 AM
Power Poster

To me and probably just me, Turning Twenty is not a pretty quilt pattern. For a simple quilt that looks intricate I always make Warm Wishes pattern. I'm sure what ever you select it will get a good price at the auction.

http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/d...html?idx=5185_
Old 02-13-2012, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rubesgirl View Post
I know a raffle has more income potential, but they are set on the silent auction format. I think it was dictated by the group offering the forums, since they are hosting. We are fortunate that the proceeds of the silent auction will come to our group and not be dispersed among several.
I think I would have them put a minimum for a bid on the quilt. Not fair otherwise, because if not enough bid you don't get much, and the cost of materials nowadays is getting cost prohibitive, unless you have a large stash and never have to purchase any goods or notions.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:59 AM

What about a Take 5 - they are quick and easy and could be quilted in the ditch or with the wavy stitch. They go together so fast. Good luck with whichever one you choose.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by momto5 View Post
Turning twenty or one of the ones you can find reference to on the Board would work and they're simple as well. Good luck!
I'm terribly slow, but the turning twenty always works up easily and as fast as anything I can do.