Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
here a UFO , there a UFO, everwhere a UFO >

here a UFO , there a UFO, everwhere a UFO

here a UFO , there a UFO, everwhere a UFO

Old 03-14-2012, 05:28 PM

Oh yeah! I get into these blocks of the month, get blocks done, in some cases, and then they sit in drawers. At the moment I am working on one I started in 1995.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Power Poster

Just to add to the list, the last time I counted there was close to thirty completed tops waiting for me. I just keep on peicing and rarely get to the quilting. I'm so bad. I really do love to finish the quilts and I love binding them too. I just don't know why I neglect them.
peace

Last edited by ube quilting; 03-15-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:39 AM

I found 27 so far know there is more. 3 are finally done.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:23 AM

I have so many but I am always wanting to start a new one. Now I make myself finish one UFO and then I can start that new one that I want to do and make myself finsh that one. Of couse I am not counting the tops that are finished but not quilted., Cant afford to have them done and am so slow with the hand quilting, so along with piecing and needleturn applique I also usually have a quilt in a frame. Good thing that I live alone for all that. Keeps me from being so lonely. Thanks for listening. Jo
Old 03-18-2012, 06:17 AM

The last time someone asked me that question, I didn't have any but somewhere along the way, I've lost control! But it is oh so much fun!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:26 AM

When I first began quilting I thought you had to finish a quilt before even thinking about another quilt or project. Boy I forgot that rule pretty quickly. I belong to another quilt message board where we can list 12 UFO's we plan or hope to finish during the year, one for each month. So far I've finished off 3 but they were small ones and easy to finish. Hopefully I'll get a few more done but my beginning of the year burst of energy usually wans during the summer and I only get half of the dozen done. At least that's a few off my list, that is if I don't add any new ones. LOL! May in Jersey
Old 03-18-2012, 06:29 AM

Just pick the one that you feel most like working on. Make it fun and not a chore to finish them. Remember...most of the work is already done. You'll get through them quickly.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:52 AM

I have many more. I joined Scrapbusters list at the time. What I found that helps the most is to pick a total of 4 projects to work on. Work on one until you are either bored or need to buy something. Then move on to the next. Don't start anything new at this time. Whenever you get bored or need to stop on one, work on another of the chosen 4. Finish the 4 and then pick 4 more. If you tend to need to do emergency gifts, then maybe you need to do 3 at a time with the 4th only going for an emergency gift.

Having done this since 2004 (I finished 11 bed sized quilts that year), I now have one new thing and three old things in my Fabulous Four. I've gone from having almost 80 UFOs (excluding PIGS) to about 75 UFOs (including PIGS). I don't count other sewing projects as they always get done - sometimes slower, but always within the year. I switched to 3 this year because I wanted to participate in swaps. So, my swap is one of my 4.