Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
heres a weird question >

heres a weird question

heres a weird question

Old 06-24-2010, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
I had run out of starch yesterday and my mom was out and bringing me some fleece fabric to play around with. Well I asked her if she could pick me up some starch, well she got me this stuff called magic sizing and it is the light formula. should I even bother using it? I saturated some fabric with it and ironed it out and the feel isn't that crisp.
now what is the difference between sizing and starch? and are they pretty much the same or are they really different? I am at a loss as to what to do with it.
Just my opinion, but I never use starch, I always us sizing. Funny how everyone has their likes and dis-likes.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:13 PM

I used to use spray starch in a can until I found Mary Ellen's Spray Starch. It's totally worth the money! I even iron my work clothes with it and it smells so good :0) Lasts a long time and you can buy refills too!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:58 AM

I use the "mix it yourself" starch. You can make it either light or heavy. I have not had any problems with brown spots or flaking.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:28 AM

I learned so much from this board. I never wanted to pre-wash my fabric because of the crispness of the fabric. It never
accrued to me to use spray starch after washing. I'm still new to quilting. Thanks for teaching a thing or two.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by sahm4605
I had run out of starch yesterday and my mom was out and bringing me some fleece fabric to play around with. Well I asked her if she could pick me up some starch, well she got me this stuff called magic sizing and it is the light formula. should I even bother using it? I saturated some fabric with it and ironed it out and the feel isn't that crisp.
now what is the difference between sizing and starch? and are they pretty much the same or are they really different? I am at a loss as to what to do with it.
I use Magic Sizing if I just need a little help getting wrinkles out. It is not starch, and it isn't supposed to be thought of as starch. It's just sizing.