Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
In hiding???? >

In hiding????

In hiding????

Old 05-08-2011, 06:27 AM

I have in hiding by mine and don't know what I did when I signed up. I am in Texas. Howdy
Old 05-08-2011, 06:43 AM

there are some of us who are involved in the internet on many levels. we grow overly cautious about revealing information of any kind to others that we don't personally know. if someone asks where i'm from, i will probably tell them--but i will remain "in hiding" in general, just to decrease the chance that someone might see it that i would prefer not.

sorry. i teach my students at the hospital to "cultivate your paranoia. it will be your best friend." if something bothers you, pay attention to that instinct. i offer the same to you. if something makes you uncomfortable, pay attention to that. revealing too much makes me uncomfortable. privacy issues (just like at the hospital, again)
Old 05-08-2011, 06:51 AM

I was in hiding because I never filled in my profile the first time I wanted to post. Then, i got lazy and also wanted the perfect photo for my avatar. Thanks to the prompting today I have filled in my profile, added a photo --there never will be a perfect one.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:54 AM

Debbie you are SEW cool and I love your avatar. I too probably shouldn't post some of what I say but I love this site and will not be made to be in fear. Dance away kitty dance away. Where do some people get their avatars?
Old 05-08-2011, 07:03 AM

Let's hope they just forgot to fill in their location. They can't all be in a witness protection program. :hunf: :roll:
Old 05-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Even in hiding we can tell by time of day, weather, climate, snow, skiing, beach, etc. Fun to think about it too. And not just "in HIding", some never put a thing about themselves, nothing, nada. And with Cyber theft and such on here and the possibilites of things that could happen, guess its understandable. Me??? life is what is it, what will be will be, I'm not living in fear.
And I have had members have me send things to secret pals so the post mark is different and throws their secrets off. It is so fun. We are like big kids playing in a large sandbox of life. All is good. Being mysterious is a fun thing too. And then there are those who post all about everything, everywhere on the board. Ahem...me? ♥♥
Well said Debbie!

Now I usually keep them guessing because I am in Bikini Bottom but most usually find out where I live through the VSMS thread. I like to see where folks are also but I think its ingenious sending you the "Secret Angel" and having it come from your neck of the woods. Your right about all of this cyber crap going around but in here we are all pretty much family and I really appreciate everything that the Mod Squad does to make it like it is.

Billy
Old 05-08-2011, 07:22 AM

Love the OMA avatar.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
Let's hope they just forgot to fill in their location. They can't all be in a witness protection program. :hunf: :roll:
No, some us are/were in the [witless] protection program and I need all the help I can get. That is why I rely on the wonderful folks on this board!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:34 AM

No one will find you if you only
list your state.
J J
Old 05-08-2011, 07:35 AM

I also like to see where people are from. Debbie, I love your attitude and your avatar!