Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hobby Lobby Fabric >
  • Hobby Lobby Fabric

• Hobby Lobby Fabric

Old 06-22-2011, 05:52 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I always wondered why they were closed on Sunday but thought it a good thing. We all wouldn't die if stores did that!
    Of course, the economy would suffer these days.
    I love the idea of Sunday's off :)
    actually studies have shown that if ALL businesses closed for one day a week it would NOT hurt the economy, in fact it would boost the over all outcome of those business! In Europe this is done more than you think..as is stores closed by 7pm...and only one day a week staying open until 9pm!

It would also help with our resources/energy savings!

and just imagine how nice it would be for employees that could PLAN for their day off...

I for one would love to see ALL 24hr stores close at 10pm...and ALL retail businesses be closed on Sunday! This includes the grocery store so WM can not use that loophole!
    Old 06-22-2011, 05:56 AM

I've never had a problem with Hobby Lobby before. Until now.....They have a whole section of Christmas items on display already! And it is only 113 degrees yesterday. :P
    Old 06-22-2011, 05:59 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by jnagy1206
    I've never had a problem with Hobby Lobby before. Until now.....They have a whole section of Christmas items on display already! And it is only 113 degrees yesterday. :P
    hehehe... I know...FALL stuff was out last week and I thought "really"....NOW...what every happened to waiting until AUGUST for the fall stuff....I for one get sick of looking at the Christmas for 6 months....
    Old 06-22-2011, 06:07 AM

I remember the old "blue laws" when everybody had to close on Sunday. This was the late 40's and 50's and we didn't think anything of it.
    Old 06-22-2011, 06:08 AM

I love hobby lobby fabric, my complaint is that they downsized to make more room for silk floweres, yuk
    I love the 40% coupons, and I'm going today to buy a book for scrapping my gbaby's pics from the big birthday party
    Old 06-22-2011, 06:11 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Rann
    I remember the old "blue laws" when everybody had to close on Sunday. This was the late 40's and 50's and we didn't think anything of it.
    down SOUTH we had those blue laws even in the 70's....would be nice to see them again!
    Old 06-22-2011, 06:24 AM

Welcome and I Love Hobby Lobby. Try not to go too often I can get myself in trouble there lol.
    Old 06-22-2011, 08:01 AM

The signs on the HL stores in Houston state that they are closed on Sunday to allow their employees to worship.

My question is, does one have to be a Christian to work there? Jews' Sabbath day is Saturday. Some Muslims need to be off on Fridays. What do they do to accomodate them?
    Old 06-22-2011, 08:26 AM

I'm glad that Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays. I remember when all stores were closed on Sundays. If we did not worry about shopping on that day maybe we could think more of family oriented things and visiting with friends. Making phone calls to out of town friends and relatives, too. Chick-filet is also closed on Sundays.
    Old 06-22-2011, 08:59 AM

I am SO thrilled to see that Hobby Lobby is going to be coming to our town finally!!! I will shop there because it's a Christian company. Growing up our stores in town were closed on Sunday - even those who DID work on Sunday were able to shop during the week. No one had a problem with it. Organization and priorities would take care of it!! We did it back then. Can't wait for HL to open here