Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hobby Lobby Fabric >

Hobby Lobby Fabric

Hobby Lobby Fabric

Old 06-22-2011, 09:55 AM

We don't have a Hobby Lobby here, but when in Florida we went to one and I did buy several kits and fabric there and loved it.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:05 AM

Hobby Lobby is a great store. We shop crafts/models for DH and fabric/quilting for me. I work at JoAnn's and when we don't have exactly what I want in fabric for my project, I check out HL. DH loves receiving gift cards for HL.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by constantly55
I also love Hobby Lobby. I think it's great they are closed on Sunday. That's how it was when I was young. It was church and family dinners on Sunday. Too bad more people don't do this.
Amen!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:58 AM

I loved my Hobby Lobby in Fayetteville GA. And they were just moving to a bigger store just after I left. No open on Sunday's wasn't a big deal for me. I can remember when even the gas stations were closed on Sunday's.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:41 AM

I really like Hobby Lobby for many reasons. I have purchase fabric there too and have not had a problem. The designer fabric is a bit expensive for me even on sale, but it is beautiful.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:57 PM

while visiting my Texas brother who has cancer, i was taken there to find material for another doll, for a child with cancer, this time for my brother and his wife to deliver in Texas. I finished it up two days ago. It is doll number 42. (my dolls are simple and 22 inches high and arms extend to 24 inches across They are 'flip dolls') I will mail it out July 5th, for them to find a home for. I loved the HL in New Braunfels, TX and the fabric was great. Sister in law even gave me a 40% off coupon they had on their website, to use for the fabric. I wish we had one in our small town. I love the christian standards they represent as well. They have so much to look at I could have stayed all day long and drolled over it all.

Vickey Stamps
Old 06-22-2011, 01:23 PM

We have a Holly Lobby now that is a nice store,I took my friend and told her you can't rush thru, it's alot to look at and it's nice that a company let's you to be with your family on Sunday like it use to be when I was growing up.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:17 PM

That's my concern as well. Also, I've experienced some hostility there to non-Christians. I don't mind having stores closed so people can spend more time with family; what I do mind is the idea that it needs to be one day across the board to accomodate Christians as if they're more important than others.

Originally Posted by Jazz
The signs on the HL stores in Houston state that they are closed on Sunday to allow their employees to worship.

My question is, does one have to be a Christian to work there? Jews' Sabbath day is Saturday. Some Muslims need to be off on Fridays. What do they do to accomodate them?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:38 PM

Unfortunately I can't say I've ever shopped at Hobby Lobby because I do most of my errand running on Sundays when they're not open.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mattee
That's my concern as well. Also, I've experienced some hostility there to non-Christians. I don't mind having stores closed so people can spend more time with family; what I do mind is the idea that it needs to be one day across the board to accomodate Christians as if they're more important than others.

Originally Posted by Jazz
The signs on the HL stores in Houston state that they are closed on Sunday to allow their employees to worship.

My question is, does one have to be a Christian to work there? Jews' Sabbath day is Saturday. Some Muslims need to be off on Fridays. What do they do to accomodate them?
I would imagine that the person/people that own the stores choose the hours of their store. A freedom we have in the USA (Thank God). And if they choose to be closed on Sunday's to accommodate their beliefs, so be it. I also think that if a person states they have a certain religion that requires certain days or hours off, they have to be accommodated if at all reasonably possible. So, they would not work the times/days specified. (That is also a protection granted to them by the USA) That doesnt mean other people cant work or that the whole store needs to be closed.

I have a question about the comment on hostility towards non-christians. How would people in Hobby Lobby pick out the non-christians? Do christians wear signs? Just curious....