Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to build your stash! >

How to build your stash!

How to build your stash!

Old 09-30-2011, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
I've spent the last 4 years building a stash, and now it will probably take longer to get rid of it and buy some newer updated fabric. I suggest you never have a stash becasue the fabric goes out of style.
Yes, they do keep coming out with new fabric. However, if I find a fabric I like -- it never goes out of style for me. The new fabric I choose will always go with what I have in the stash and sometimes the new fabric is just what I needed to make that pattern on high on my "to-do list".

My philosophy is "If I always buy what I like, it will all go together!" Lately, I have been buying a main fabric and filling in from my stash, and possibly adding another piece here and there for background or punch. I am adding more variety to my stash, and it is working for me.

Besides someone will love almost any fabric in your stash. I frequently share mine with a guild member or two. Sometimes I will have a stash piece laying on my table at guild to cut and use. Someone will walk by and say, "Where did you get that, I love it?" I will cut them a piece. I just used a fabric I purchased three or four years ago in a project.

My stash is my lifeline. I can pull from it and make just about any pattern I desire.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:31 AM

Hi, Aurora!
Thank you for your ideas about building a stash. I can see where they would give you ideas for other projects. That is what I'm hoping.
Shavian