Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do so many members have so much to sell? >

How do so many members have so much to sell?

How do so many members have so much to sell?

Old 08-21-2011, 03:58 PM

If I am going to sneak some fabric into the house, I make sure I sneak a good amount in. hehe Really, there are many reasons. Who am I to wonder except, do I really need that fabric? Yep, out of my way girls, there is fabric to buy and projects to make.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:06 PM

Thankfully, I only buy for the project I'm going to work on. I too could not stand all that fabric around. Right now i have $100.00 in vouchers for a LQS. I went thru the store 2 times and still can't find any thing to buy, cause I don't know what I am going to make. I think it is such a waste of money, letting all that fabric sit around, just to look at.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cwessel47
I'm often astonished at how much is posted in Buy/Sell/Trade. How does someone find themselves with 30 or 40 yds of fabric to sell at a time?. 6 yds of this and 10 yds of that. I guess I just have to be pleased with myself for having more self control - or is that really just a far smaller pocketbook? I check it out all the time and buy frequently. But... what do the rest of you think? Is it just me?
I don't have WHOLE bolts to sell like some, but I do have a very large stash...it started when I lived in the Alaska bush..we had to have everything shipped in, so when I went to Anchorage to shop, I shopped big...now I no longer teach, etc and just have way too much fabric/kits, etc....
Attached Thumbnails attachment-244945.jpe  
Old 08-21-2011, 04:17 PM

Fabric can be a fleeting passion. I tend to fall in love with a print, buy enough for my project and then some so I'll have plenty, then fall out of love with it and not use it at all.

It's not ALWAYS like that, but sometimes. I also inherited my mother's stash of HIDEOUS fabric which I sold off on ebay.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:31 PM

Very interesting how people have gotten material, a lot of good stories. Fabric is to pretty and you can be so creative with it, a perfect medium for art.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:41 PM

Ohhhh, Jacqui, can I come shop at your place?

On top of my fabric purchases I have a very dear friend who works at a department store that sells custom draperies... that translates into fabric swatch books! She saves the outdated ones that are 100% cotton. Perfect for all sorts of things to sew. :D I love it. 'Course, that adds to my fabric collection, big time.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I have had the joy of purchasing fabric from board members and met the nicest people. The fabric has been great and at a lower cost. I figure as these fabric prices keep climbing, the board will be a great bargain for adding to my wonderful, colorful variety of fabric.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Yeah to those who sell on this board. :-D
I have found a wonderful friend on this board...#1 piecemaker. I've bought a lot of fabric from her as she's selling to purchase a LA and I'm buying to build a stash. Works for us.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:23 PM

i buy stuff that i see, and think "wow that would make a great projec"...then months later find it, and think "why did i buy this?"!!!moods, ideas, and projects change all the time.......
Old 08-21-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by CherryPie
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I have had the joy of purchasing fabric from board members and met the nicest people. The fabric has been great and at a lower cost. I figure as these fabric prices keep climbing, the board will be a great bargain for adding to my wonderful, colorful variety of fabric.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Yeah to those who sell on this board. :-D
I have found a wonderful friend on this board...#1 piecemaker. I've bought a lot of fabric from her as she's selling to purchase a LA and I'm buying to build a stash. Works for us.
Yes, I have also purchased fabric from #1piecemaker. She is wonderful to buy fabric from. I didn't know she was aiming for a LA. Cool!

PS: love your pal in your avatar. :-D
Old 08-24-2011, 02:48 AM

I decided to really stock up when I knew I was going to retire, because I wouldnt be able to buy at todays prices.
Now I have been told I have a terminal disorder, and probably wont get to use half the fabric.
Guess we cant win them all.